Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling this one,..Done

IMG_5242%20600x450_zpskie9o2ug.jpg

AMT/Ertl kit. '99 release, lowered a bit more than box stock. although it was "lowered" a bit, out of the box

IMG_5243%20600x450_zpstau86j8b.jpg

IMG_5244%20600x450_zpsrylpr9ca.jpg

I liked the all white front end and bumpers,..White is Alclad white filler primer (tough stuff)

IMG_5245%20600x450_zpsssem063k.jpg

Made up the hea, vent controls, and put in a steering wheel from the spare parts collection

Swapped out the 6 cylinder for a 409 out of the '62 Impala. Added a new, bigger  master cylinder, and a windshield squirts jug,..

IMG_5249%20600x450_zpsksirsh4o.jpg

IMG_5248%20600x450_zpskvxaqytb.jpg

Macgyver'd in the hood supports to hold the hood open.

This one went well until,..you guessed it, final assembly, I swear I dry fitted this whole thing at least 20 times, but in the end I ground out the bottom of the windshield, ground off the top back lip of the bench seat, ground off one bottom edge of the rad,..etc. All while fully painted OMG Whew....it's done.

Thanks for looking in

Q,C,+C's welcome

Cheers

Edited by Belugawrx

That's a beaut of a truck! The stance is bang on and all the detail bits work so well. Followed your build with great enjoyment; this is the first of three, can't wait for the other two. Your engine swap is fab, plus the change to the dual M/C is a good idea. I know how it feels when it all appears to fit, then upon final assembly the quirks and gremlins appear, you've done a great job on this one.

Cheers Misha