Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevelle SS

Fanof69

Hello All. This is the Lindberg kit built mostly box stock. Its a decent kit that builds up pretty well. with just a few problems, one of which is the hood doesn't fit in the front very well so the chrome trim on the hood doesn't line up with the trim on the front fenders. Also the stance is a little low in the rear and makes it appear a little like a 1:1 without an engine. Plus there were a couple things I screwed up, like forgetting to install the rear view mirror and the SS decal on the steering wheel. I probably could have spent a little more time with it and fixed some things, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

Hello All. This is the Lindberg kit built mostly box stock. Its a decent kit that builds up pretty well. with just a few problems, one of which is the hood doesn't fit in the front very well so the chrome trim on the hood doesn't line up with the trim on the front fenders. Also the stance is a little low in the rear and makes it appear a little like a 1:1 without an engine. Plus there were a couple things I screwed up, like forgetting to install the rear view mirror and the SS decal on the steering wheel. I probably could have spent a little more time with it and fixed some things, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

GEDC0461_zpsigvh0stu.jpg

GEDC0463_zpshhxrcorb.jpg

GEDC0450_zpsvacuwbhe.jpg

GEDC0452_zpsbxprpu04.jpg

GEDC0454_zpsuhgv9cwe.jpg

GEDC0459_zpsqa2fnrwl.jpg

GEDC0451_zpsjspfaud4.jpg

GEDC0467_zpsqjqfhokz.jpg

Looks great. You mentioned what you thought were problems with the build, your hard on your self. The stance looks like your leaving an intersection. The hood may be very simple. It looks as if you may have mounted the hoods chrome upside down. If it doesn't jack up your paint you could try removing the chrome bar and flip it over and see how it looks. Very nice looking SS.

Terry, You've got really nice looking Paint and Trim, with a nicely detailed Interior. As to the Stance, well you covered that by stating looks like the engine is out and the Rearview mirror missing well that's no problem, because you've got it on order from Year One while you're working on the Engine:D

Looks great. You mentioned what you thought were problems with the build, your hard on your self. The stance looks like your leaving an intersection. The hood may be very simple. It looks as if you may have mounted the hoods chrome upside down. If it doesn't jack up your paint you could try removing the chrome bar and flip it over and see how it looks. Very nice looking SS.

2X and it's a good looking model. Nice work.

Edited by Foxer