Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite British band

Harry P.

I guess I have a lot of favorite bands!  When I was about 14 or so back in the late '70s  I joined the Columbia House 12 for a penny deal, and got a bunch of 8-track tapes over the next few years.  I ended up buying a few by these guys too.  Great band and they had a few MTV video hits.  The best part of their work, however, were their albums from the mid '70s.  Crime Of The Century and Even In The Quietest Moments were both great albums to listen to over and over again while writing papers.  Eventually, when the last 8 track player in the world gave up the ghost, I replaced them with Albums, and later again with CDs.  

Here's Supertramp!

I guess I have a lot of favorite bands!  When I was about 14 or so back in the late '70s  I joined the Columbia House 12 for a penny deal, and got a bunch of 8-track tapes over the next few years.  I ended up buying a few by these guys too.  Great band and they had a few MTV video hits.  The best part of their work, however, were their albums from the mid '70s.  Crime Of The Century and Even In The Quietest Moments were both great albums to listen to over and over again while writing papers.  Eventually, when the last 8 track player in the world gave up the ghost, I replaced them with Albums, and later again with CDs.  

Here's Supertramp!

Saw them in concert mid-80's as their farewell tour, great show, love the music.

• 2 months later...

There are/have been some excellent bands in the UK. So here are a couple:

The Blue Cats.

The PoleCats:

And does Scottish bands count? :P The Shakin' Pyramids was an excellent band as well.

Of the older bands, I like Cream, The Who, Free, Deep Purple, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, Traffic, Bad Company to name a few.. (and of course, The Stones, Pink Floyd (perhaps my all time favourite British band), Led Zep...never was into the Beatles very much).   

Of the 70s-80s---bands of my youth in the 80s--I like/liked The Jam, New Order, Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Police, Def Leppard and Whitesnake quite a bit...   I like lots of British solo artists of that era also.

Of the last 20 years, I like Oasis and The Verve quite a bit...

Edited by Rob Hall

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see you all enjoying the great music from over ere !.

Even though I wasnt actually alive in the 60s my music tastes are all from that period of time.

The Who (Of course)

The Move

The Pretty Things (very raw RnB, later Physcadelic)

The Yardbirds

The Hollies (One of my all time favourites)

The Small Faces (awesome)

The Action

The Creation

Spencer Davis Group

The list goes on and on .............