Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tiger Gold AMT '65 GTO

Can-Con

Finally finished it up. Can't say I'm 100% happy with how it came out so I'm gonna consider this a trial run for a better buildup next time.

Not a horrible kit but I think the tail lights on this one should have been moulded in with the rest of the rear chrome as you can't really see much red on the real ones anyway. The headlights really need to be retooled again too,, correctly this time. I have a Modelhaus copy of the original front bumper/headlight part, which looks much better but I opted to save it for the next go at the car and used the part from the current kit which is not awful but not as good as the original.

Paint is Scale Finished '65 Tiger Gold with Testors semi gloss black. Wipers and front fender emblems are photoetch. The rear fender GTO emblems were supposed to be PE too but I lost one. Decals from the Polar Lights '64 GTO were used instead. Red line tires and door mirror are from the parts box.

I also dropped the hood as I was carying the car to my photo setup and took a big chip of paint off the front tip. Grrrrr indeed! LOL

IMG 1941

IMG 1942

IMG 1943

IMG 1944

IMG 1945

IMG 1946

IMG 1947