Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya FXX K 1/24th scale New Pics 5/13/17

Randy D

Hi Folks,

I thank all who took the time to comment:)

Kerry,  you would have to pick that out :D  I've been putting off addressing those tires. that seam is actually a groove and with the rubber being very soft it's going to be a real pain to remove enough material to even them out. At least with Tamiya's way of mounting the wheels I can pull them off later to fix them ( how about we call those  'wear indicators' ;))

Bruce,  That really small wire came out of my model train parts box.  It is a braided wire (six really tiny wires)  I will try to come up with a supplier.

Found a helmet in the parts box that I could modify.  The visor is cut from gold Mylar sheet that came from the craft store.....

All the body parts are now glued in.   Over all fit is pretty good.  I need to work on the doors a little as they could close a little tighter.  

Still need to stick the mirrors on and decide how much more of the cf decals to put on....

Thanks for looking in !

Randy

IMG_5884.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5918.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

IMG_5927.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5935.JPG

As Rocket in the original Guardians of the Galaxy movie said oh so eloquently............."OH YEAH"....................................amazing what you did especially when I step back and look at all the phenomenal scratch-building you did Randy on this car.  Anything you can't do?   Still your number 1 fan.   Cheers, tim

Randy... Randy... Randy... Wow this thing is Steller my friend. Then to top it all off you add a little helmet. I am totally digging it, that helmet may be my favorite part at the moment, I love it. Nice work How much more is left on this bad boy??

• 1 year later...