Model Cars Magazine Forum

Racing Sunbeam Tiger - Rollbar Relocated

Gluebomber

Well, Guys, never let it be said I don't respond to constructive criticism.  Among all the really kind comments a couple of you correctly mentioned that the rollbar on the little Tiger should be placed closer to the driver's seat.  I must have known the bar was in the wrong place because I just used white glue to hold it in its original location.  I pulled it out, added some rear mounted supports to fill up that space where the boot was located, and this is how it turned out.  My photos still stink, but I think the model looks a lot better.

Thanks to everyone who made the constructive comments. 

Sunbeam New .06.jpg

Sunbeam New .09.jpg

Edited by Gluebomber

Yep, I hadn't noticed the rollbar location mostly due to how it blended into the color of the interior in the 1st, 4th & 5th photos, but once it got mentioned, it was hard not to notice. Didn't want to chime in at that time out of politeness, but glad that you were open to suggestion, and it does indeed look more natural now.

Fantastic Tiger.  for future builds there is a very nitpick detail, I think the SCCA rules says the shoulder harness needs to be attached to the bar but not 100% sure.  I wouldn't change it though.  Its great as it is...