Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 7th Manx - Update 9th Sept '16.

PatW

This one has a bit of a military look, but I haven't got a white star decal to go on the bonnet(hood). I've also wrapped the top in a wet spectacle cleaning cloth and waited for it to dry! Also painted matt finish. It doesn't fit perfectly but it's OK!..................................

18_zpsj7l3joby.jpg

19_zpsn01ly2uw.jpg

21_zpsnnhw69mb.jpg

23_zpsdndkcjsy.jpg

33_zpskh6ycygn.jpg

30_zps5xtsnqvv.jpg

Edited by PatW

Very, very cool! I like it!

In fact, I'd love to photograph it next to my own bits n pieces DB sometime. I wasn't going for a military theme, just a low-budget garage-build DB that had been painted with surplus OD paint, but I think the two of them would look hella cool together. B)

Thanks Keith.

Yes Richard, I all of a sudden thought of using this 'Nato Green' rattle can. I was initially going to convert this to a six-wheeler, but couldn't decide on the chassis design. I can still do that in the future though.

The tarp is off and due a re-hash after find a 'how to' on another forum!

Yes Bob, I bet it looked unusual at the time, but over here in the UK at present, people are crying out to have their sportscars matt vinyl wrapped, mainly in black,dark brown & dark grey!

Edited by PatW

Thanks Dann, I stripped all the chrome, to ensure that the paint stayed on! I fully built the chassis with complete front axle and all the engine /gearbox and suspension and sprayed it in situ. Then attached the screen surround and rear seat, haedlight and rear light bases and sprayed that in one piece and then glued the chassis to the body! 

Edited by PatW