Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell BMW Isetta "Jägermeister" 1/16

maysula

Hi

This is my last finished kit this year. A new  one from Revell, very nice to build.

Not fond of building street cars so I gave it a little racing look :-)

Some details on the engine and also a few other racing stuff.

Painted with Tamiya spraycans , racing white and orange + clear.

Thomas

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG

IMG_5344.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

Ha! I love it!! :wub:

Funny story about this car-----My Dad knew someone that had one of these back in the late '50's. He was telling me that his friend went to the store to pick up something, and when he came back out someone had parked right smack in front of him to where he couldn't get the door open! He had to wait something like a half hour till whomever it was that owned it came out moved it.

Needless to say he was careful where he parked it after that!

Neat and cute little car! Years ago, I saw what looked like one of these parked under a tarp (the narrow track of the rear wheels was a giveaway) on the side of the road not far from where I live. For whatever reason, I never got nosy to see if indeed that was an Isetta, but it sat there for maybe a couple years. The car's gone now so I don't know if it was sent to be junked, or someone I hope rescued it and restored it somewhere.

Ha! I love it!! :wub:

Funny story about this car-----My Dad knew someone that had one of these back in the late '50's. He was telling me that his friend went to the store to pick up something, and when he came back out someone had parked right smack in front of him to where he couldn't get the door open! He had to wait something like a half hour till whomever it was that owned it came out moved it.

Needless to say he was careful where he parked it after that!

Neat and cute little car! Years ago, I saw what looked like one of these parked under a tarp (the narrow track of the rear wheels was a giveaway) on the side of the road not far from where I live. For whatever reason, I never got nosy to see if indeed that was an Isetta, but it sat there for maybe a couple years. The car's gone now so I don't know if it was sent to be junked, or someone I hope rescued it and restored it somewhere.

A friend and I went skiing in one (no, really). While the two front wheels were happily travelling in the grooves formed by other cars in the snowy road surface,
the almost twinned rear ones lolloped on top of the snow accumulation between the grooves. The inevitable happened. The car did a sudden right and went head on into a snow mound.
Neither could we reverse out of it, nor open the door, nor escape via the sunroof, courtesy of the skis mounted up there. A few pedestrians finally had the heart to give us a push.