Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Challenge mixer

Looks good,maybe needs a little dirt thrown at, lol Again, great paint job!

Thank you all for the positive comments. As some of you mentioned, it needs some sort of weathering but that's not one of my strong suits yet. I'll have to practice a little more before I attempt it. After posting this I noticed I have to do something with the raised rib on the drum that the rollers ride on at least!

Very nicely done. Hopefully Round 2 will repop this kit as well.

You never know! Everyone thought that the W925 mold was destroyed to make the T600, and now the Movin' On truck is coming back. I'll buy a case of each of them if they bring this mixer back. FYI, I heard from a reasonably reliable source that the Movin' On kit may have the torsion bar suspension even though the original one came out after AMT changed to the Hendrickson suspension. One can only hope....

Thank you all for the positive comments. As some of you mentioned, it needs some sort of weathering but that's not one of my strong suits yet. I'll have to practice a little more before I attempt it. After posting this I noticed I have to do something with the raised rib on the drum that the rollers ride on at least!

I painted mine a steel color, figuring anything painted would wear right off.  Doesn't matter if the rollers are rubber or metal, they would wear the paint off in a rev or two. 

What did you do for the lights on the mixer body?  I'm assuming they came in the kit?  I have the AITM kit and it doesn't come with the lights.  Trying to find a suitable substitute.

They're just the ones that come with most AMT kits with some BMF around the edges.