Model Cars Magazine Forum

Six more weeks of winter

Don't they say six more weeks of winter most of the time anyway?  Chances are, there will be six more weeks of winter (which makes the prediction right), and if there aren't six more weeks of winter then you'll be happy about it and forget the "prediction" anyway...

How is it that some animal seeing its own shadow can predict that we're gonna have 6 more weeks of any kinda weather? I'm from PA not to awful far from Punxsutawney to boot and I still don't believe that old folk lore and wives tale! -It after all is............. F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y!

No less accurate than the 'professional' weather forecasters that have millions of $$ worth of Doppler radar.

As one of the local radio stations morning radio said about the one local weather hottie.....if you're going to give me complete inaccuracy, at least give me something to look at!

No less accurate than the 'professional' weather forecasters that have millions of $$ worth of Doppler radar.

As one of the local radio stations morning radio said about the one local weather hottie.....if you're going to give me complete inaccuracy, at least give me something to look at!

I hafta agree with that radio jock on that point, as we have a cutie here on a Chicago TV station that does the weather forecast from time to time.

-My question is, how do they even KNOW that hog SEEN its own shadow anyway????? Does it stand up and say YEP theres my shadow to someone? :D GOOFY!!!!

I agree if I'm gonna get a bad weather report at least give me something GOOD to look at! (or in my case a pleasant voice to hear) I listen to the radio WAY more then I watch TV! :rolleyes:

Not up here, Wiarton Willie saw no shadow (snowing too hard). So we'll only have a month and a half more winter, followed by another month of not quite spring yet.

Carl

Wait what ?? Wiarton Willie, is that the Ground Hogs cousin from the Great White North ??