Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tax rebate check

Mine ($1500) will be a down payment on my converting from oil to gas heat for my house. Fuel oil is about $3.60 a gallon and I blow through 800 gallons per year. The gas should be more stable and I'm reducing my carbon footprint. Whoever coined that phrase must be smokin' some fine stuff.

Bob

Guest Davkin

Mine went mostly towards my debt elimination plan. It was nice to hit that "Send Payment" button and pay one of my credit cards off forever.

David

I was going to use mine to support the hobby too but....at the rate bad things are going on now and those ridiculous gas prices..i'am having 2nd thoughts and decided to stash it in the piggy bank!

We live in some scary times today and someone is always saying something about someone going out of business or ( insert name) stops production blab, blab...none of this helps at all and I keep seeing signs of not so good things to come.... :( To those helping others, Cheers! ;)

~ Jeff

way to go bro. its pretty bad when "The Greatest Country on Earth" :lol: has to give out economy stimulus checks so that the recipients can turn around and use them to help others less fotunate. Uncle sam ought to help them alittle more too. Speaking of unky sam, Im surprized they're not taking taxes out of the checks.

Any way I strayed. You sir are a good man.

Maybe if Uncle Sam hadn't taken the money in the first place so Uncle Sam could decide who needed it the most, we could give our excess to a whole different group of 'less fortunate' people.

Mine is going straight into paying property taxes for the year. My way of 'sticking it to the man.' :lol:

tax refund>pay tax>tax refund>pay tax You have to admit there is a certain symmetry to it. :lol:

After more than a year of unemployment and moving from Michigan to Seattle, we decided that another cruise was in order. My wife and I will be flying to San Juan Puerto Rico a year from now, and getting on a ship for a week long cruise. New islands to see, more scuba diving to do, and a lot of relaxing. I'm hoping to get a chance to meet Ismael when I'm in San Juan, as we will be flying in a day early.