Model Cars Magazine Forum

Double Bubble Chevy Impala 1961

Reuhkapelti

Great to see it done in scale, and so quickly after the 1:1 completion! You have done an amazing job overall; getting the body shape, the underhood fairings, and a very detailed interior. Great work and congrats!

Great to see it done in scale, and so quickly after the 1:1 completion! You have done an amazing job overall; getting the body shape, the underhood fairings, and a very detailed interior. Great work and congrats!

I agree. Nailed it!

Thanks for the comments. I should have written a few words about this model as soon as I posted the pictures. Well,  I will do it a bit later, I thought. Then the replies started to come...

Yes there is a 1:1 car, and I saw a picture of it in local  car magazine. I went online to look more info, and realized how cool this  car really is. A must to make a model of it. I managed to buy a Lindberg 61 bubble top Impala model kit, and started to cut the body. I didn't use any parts from another kit, just styrene sheets and pipes and leftovers from the parts  box. Oh exept the front seats, they are a bench seat from a Buick, cut in half. The rear window is the original from this kit. The dash board is also scratch  built. The wheels are made from three different wheel parts clued together.