Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Grape Pearl 1970 Challenger Stripe Delete

70mach1

The stripe and rear badges were omitted, everything else was TA equipped. The entire body was re-scribed and block sanded, primed with Vari-prime and sealed with DuPont velva-seal, re-finished in a wild grape pearl BASF lacquer with DuPont urethane clear coat, interior was done with Mar-hyde vinyl paints. Engine bay was plumbed and wired, sacratch built a battery and cables, fuel and brake lines, carb. lines and linkages. Air filter was cut apart and detailed with small gauge screen, used photo etched hood pin set. 

Beautiful build. The engine detailing is outstanding. I think everyone likes that color for a MoPar. In the 1:1 world most of these had a black interior, I think this looks much better and really compliments the exterior.

Your attention to detail combined with a fantastic paint job have resulted in something to be proud of. Well done with your colour choices as well! My only complaint would be the slight blurriness of some of the images, and that has nothing to do with the model.