Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Beautiful work!! And you build so fast!   I have a question about weathering the tires.  I bought some of the Folk Art gray after you recommended it a few years ago, and have ended up with pretty good results, but I wanted to ask how much you thin it.  And do you put on one coat, or multiples?   I am using a brush - do you brush it or spray it, and any detail on how you apply it is much appreciated!  This build looks great - looking forward to the final touches.

Hi Chris.........10 % paint  90% water.........I brush  multiple coats......till your happy with the look you want.......thanks

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the last coat of clear on the body.....I got the Tins painted H.O.K. black and instaled and lightly weathered with Dark Gray "Folk Art' Acrylic paint......I used some Paul Rowe Resin Parachutes and covered them with Silver Cloth,I added some Slixx decals and "Pro Tech" Spark Plug Wire for the Release Cables and made a brkt. and painted it Alclad.......I added the Windshield and made a Winshield Frame and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends........I made a Snorkel and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......I made a Wheelie Bar and painted it Alclad and lighly weathered .....I will attach the Wing, Rockers ,and Body Release tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF4220_zpstzhklmbr.jpg

DSCF4176_zpsihr5y5fb.jpg

DSCF4184_zpsqmeu7ric.jpg

DSCF4175_zps64ie6lpq.jpg

DSCF4179_zpsoi16lowt.jpg

DSCF4178_zpstwjhdrwo.jpg

You know John, out of all of your outstanding craftsmanship, added details, weathering, fantastic finish, etc., the one detail that stands out to me the most is the fact that you took the time to create the Jaime Sarte trademark pineapple portholes in the tinwork. Not to sell any other builders short but I believe that most folks wouldn't have even known to go there. Superb work yet again. 

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I attached the Wing and Rockers......and attached the front Body Latch and made a parachute handle with release cables,and made some parachute ropes.......and made a few more body braces.....I thought I would be finished today.....but,I still need to make the headers.....thanks for looking

DSCF4223_zps8ttal8dt.jpg

DSCF4224_zpstuqdhaoc.jpg

DSCF4225_zpsytrjgnto.jpg

DSCF4226_zps220myy8y.jpg

DSCF4231_zpspfhfmneq.jpg

Hello......thanks Guys for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)......I modified the Revell kit Headers to fit this build and weathered them......I made prop for the body.......I will have finished pics soon.......thanks for looking.

DSCF4274_zpstoujraov.jpg

DSCF4275_zpsopebkxf8.jpg

DSCF4255_zpsl3ojamqd.jpg

DSCF4254_zpsuj8fqbwe.jpg

DSCF4251_zpsptbyyrly.jpg