Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got a little more done on the engine......I attached the  Paul Rowe Trans......I used some RB Motion Rod Ends and "Pro Tech" nut and Bolt Ends.......I also attached the "Pro Tech" Braided" Fuel Lines and the RB Motion AN Fittings to the Fuel Blocks and Barrel Valve.......I attached The Chris Soback Designs Blower Belt to the Chris Sobak Designs Pulleys........I attached the Chis Sobak Desings Fuel Pump and added some 'Pro Tech" Nut and Bolt Ends.......I attached the Chris Sobak Designs Barrel Valve and  Levers and added a few details and some "Pro Tech" Nut and Bolt Ends.......I made a Double Oil Filter set up and got that attached........you can get your all your "Pro Tech" goodies  from: http://www.laskiscale.com

thanks for looking

DSCF4048_zpsosjfmsgo.jpg

DSCF4050_zpsufhofdaz.jpg

DSCF4055_zpsj6kgpfre.jpg

DSCF4052_zpsqa7dt5gu.jpg

DSCF4051_zps76sxot4t.jpg

DSCF4058_zps1qe6jhi0.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them.......I made some Fire Bottles with a "ON" mechanism......I painted them Tamiya Red......and used  Slixx Decals.......I started on the engine painted Alclad and weathered......... I used  a Sobak Desingns Engine Pulley ,"Pro Tech" Braided line and nut and bolt ends....and RB Motion A N Fittings painted with Tamiya Clear Red and Blue........I made a Oil Gauge and used a Slixx Decal.....thanks for looking

DSCF4001_zps9gbs3hzn.jpg

DSCF4000_zps27vmqqr2.jpg

DSCF4003_zpsegvti3vd.jpg

DSCF4002_zps6vfs3k8x.jpg

DSCF4012_zpszrkc91t1.jpg

Hey Buddy ya need to do a better job on filling the fuel tank...ya spilt some on the tank! B)

• Like 1

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the Engine and Drive Shaft attached........I also attached the Frame Tins and painted them "Osh" Brand Flat Black and added some "Pro Tech" Dzus Fasteners........I also sanded off the molded seat and painted it Alclad ......I added a "Pro Tech" 5 Point Harness and added some Slixx decals and lightly weathered.........I added a Chris Sobak Designs Mallory Box with "Pro Tech" detailing wire.......I also modified and Painted Alclad a Gas Pedal .......I also attached a Top Studio Toggle Switch.........don`t forget to get your "Pro Tech" products at:  

http://www.laskiscale.com......thanks for looking

DSCF4089_zps3zbuhsu1.jpg

DSCF4092_zpswfrxyqrt.jpg

DSCF4091_zpsnr1qn07h.jpg

DSCF4088_zpstcucerjm.jpg

DSCF4080_zpslqkugvua.jpg

Man this is just killer Brother.  There are so many details that set this build off and just pop. You keep raising that bar for the rest of us. I am going to have to step up my game just to keep up. The seat and belts look killer and I lI've what you did to your tins. Every update you do is just better than the previous. Loving your work my friend.

Stephen Hawking called. He wants to know how you calculated the Quantum Entanglement Oscillation Reverberation Phase Loop

when you built your Handy Dandy Mr. Shrinky Doo-Dad Machine.

John, I'm in total awe of the linkages. I'm speaking more about myself than anyone else, but you're adding detail many of us desire,

but don't quite achieve.

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......The Rolling Chassis is finished ......I attached the two Shut Off Cables......and the Throttle Cable......and Fire Bottle Cable......I used "Pro Tech"  Spark Plug Wire and nut and bolt ends.........I also got all the Plumbing attached I used "Pro Tech" Braided Line and RB Motion AN Fittings........Art Laski gave me some decals for my Double Oil Filter set-up......thanks Art........I also attached the Breather Tubes and used Model Car Garage Radiator Hose Clamps.......make sure to get your "Pro Tech" parts from Laski Specialties here:    http://www.laskiscale.com

thanks for looking

0b21f3e602034ac6c7cdde7d99486bf5_zpsae6o

DSCF4105_zpskfxh1hut.jpg

DSCF4108_zpsgrp2uiez.jpg

DSCF4119_zpsjp6qs6n4.jpg

DSCF4117_zps35emjkih.jpg

• Like 1

Tom called and wants his car back.  Good gawd Johnnie. It looks great as a roller. These photos are better reference than the 1:1 car. I am in awe of your work and, although it doesn't seem possible, I think your skills improve with each build. I love how you experiment with some new technique, after-market parts, or paint mixture on each creation your masterful hands make. We're not worthy.