Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Hello......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the frame painted H.O.K. True Blue Pearl with a clear coat.......I added some Archer Bead Welds to the Rear Axle and Fuel Tank and painted them Alclad and lightly weathered ......I got the front end assembley and steering linkage attached and painted Alclad.......I also attached the Front Wieght Tube on the front of the Fame and painted Alclad......I used RB Motion Rod ends and "Pro Tech" and Meng nut and bolt ends ......thanks for looking

DSCF3925_zpsqdhpjic2.jpg

DSCF3934_zpsoa78bbud.jpg

DSCF3932_zpslvhehnmu.jpg

DSCF3931_zpsq61ppnex.jpg

DSCF3930_zpsopvqawwz.jpg

John... This thing I stunning my friend. Wow What a beauty and she is gorgeous. That color combo between the True Blue Pearl and Alclad is just awesome. You are crushing this build. Gotta say one of my parts of this so far is the fuel tank. I love the weld decals, Alclad work and what tops it off is the fuel stain mark. So cool and Realistic. Keep up the great work!

john, i looked but, i couldn't find the answer. what did you use for the front spindles?  just amazing details hidden everywhere.

oh,...and clean up that fuel spill,.....would ya? hehe!!

Hi Dave......My friend Art laski gave me a bunch of Wrist Watch parts.......I think they might be part of the wind- up mechanism :huh:then I attached some small bolts........BTW ,your 1:1 Drag car is sooooooo cool........I love it:wub::wub::wub::wub:!!!!!!!!

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I painted the Hubs Silver and lightly weathered and painted the Calipers Alclad and used "Pro Tech" nut  and bolt ends........I attached the Hand Brake and Master Cylinder and attached the Fire Bottle and Fuel Shut off levers......I used RB Motion Rod Ends and "Pro Tech" and Meng nut and bolt ends.......thanks for looking

DSCF3948_zpsteltdkhq.jpg

DSCF3947_zps0h9vu2jb.jpg

DSCF3946_zps5t4r1l85.jpg

DSCF3943_zps4uqbh0y0.jpg

DSCF3960_zpsf6vanjro.jpg

My Brother what an awesome update.  You sure know how to make this Beauty Shine!!! Nice detailing with the Rear Brakes and Rotors.  As well as the Butterfly steering wheel and Hand Brake. Killer work You are continuing to impress me with your builds. :wub:

I can't say on this forum what I really want to about this build so far lil' brother but I think you can fill in the blanks. Holy _________, that __________ thing is the ______________.

I totally agree with Brad!   And, furthermore, those Archer welds are the _______ !!!

Johnny, you are a ___________ plastic genius!  Glue on, Brother!  B) 

How is it possible you're getting better at this?   I'm jealous too.  Looking forward to the next post already.  cheers, tim

Tim... John's just that good ;)... He needs to hurry up and get us an update. I am on the edge of my seat to see what he will blow our minds with next.

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)......small up-date.....I stripped the chrome off the front and wear wheels and shaved the molded bolts on the front and rear  wheels and sanded them smooth.......then I drilled out the rear wheels were the bolts were molded......I painted the wheels Alclad and  added gold painted bolts for the rear wheels and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends for the front wheels to add a little more realism ......then I lighty weathered the wheels with a mix of "Folk Art" Acrylic Black and Dark Gray..........I asked Art laski if he could resin cast me a Slck Tire  that Paul Rowe gave me.......thank you  Art.......I painted the tires with "Folk Art" Black Acrylic paint and added Slixx decals for the rear wheels...... and dry brushed the letterting on the front wheels......then I lightly weathered the rear and front tires with "Folk Art" Dark Gray Acrylic paint........I also made some valve stems using some wire and  "Pro Tech" hex nuts...... they aren`t perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with.......you can get some "Pro Tech" and other goodies from Laski Scale Specialties.....be sure to check out Laski Scale Specialties Videos  "New" on Youtube......very cool stuff........thanks for looking.

DSCF3965_zpsgczwz118.jpg

DSCF3968_zpsptawivnw.jpgDSCF3969_zps40vkl2vs.jpg

DSCF3962_zpszq4tjtkk.jpg

DSCF3963_zpsvcaktrxi.jpg

Edited by John Teresi