Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Helllo......Brad,Chris thank you for thind comments.....I really do appreciate them:)........I made one of two shut off valves and added RB Motion AN Fittings and painted them Tamiya Clear Red and Blue and added "Pro Tech" braided line.......thank you "Mooneyes" AKA Chris Sobak for the help on placement of fuel shut off return line location........I extended the Frame Tins and changed the position of the Steering linkage to right side of the Frame......and painted it PPG Epoxy Black Primer........I made some  Alluminum Trim with holes drilled for added support to the Frame Tins.......I also attached the brake lines......I used a "Pro Tech" T` Fitting and painted Tamiya Clear Blue........I made a Puke Tank painted Tamiya Black and added some Model Car Garage Hose Clamps......I made and attached a rear Body Support and painted it Alclad.......thaks for looking 

DSCF3990_zps9j1qdlv6.jpg

DSCF3991_zpsnlilpjrx.jpg

DSCF3992_zpsdu6jzr0c.jpg

DSCF3997_zpsbioxvoh8.jpg

DSCF3996_zpsh00qd7i5.jpg

Dang. Johnny Boy... That is looking great!! Love all of the detail that you have put on the chassis so far. I think the contrast between the blue chassis and black chassis tins, looks killer. I also love the little detail on the chassis tins were you added the Aluminium strip with the holes. Nice Touch!! Would love to see a pic of the rolling chassis with the tins on it. I am sure It looks Awesome!!

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them.......I made some Fire Bottles with a "ON" mechanism......I painted them Tamiya Red......and used  Slixx Decals.......I started on the engine painted Alclad and weathered......... I used  a Sobak Desingns Engine Pulley ,"Pro Tech" Braided line and nut and bolt ends....and RB Motion A N Fittings painted with Tamiya Clear Red and Blue........I made a Oil Gauge and used a Slixx Decal.....thanks for looking

DSCF4001_zps9gbs3hzn.jpg

DSCF4000_zps27vmqqr2.jpg

DSCF4003_zpsegvti3vd.jpg

DSCF4002_zps6vfs3k8x.jpg

DSCF4012_zpszrkc91t1.jpg

Hello......Chris thanks Buddy.......I got most of the engine done........I will mention all the parts that I used from  Chris Sobak Designs when I`m finished with the Engine........I used quite a bit of Chris`s Designs that were 3D printed from Shapeways........I airbrushed the Valve Covers ,Idler Pulley Brkt. and Blower Chrome Alclad,then I misted Alclad Pale Gold over the Chrome Alcald to gice a different kind of look........I used some "Pro Tech" Spark Plug Wires that Chris Sobak gave me......thanks Chris .......I gave a light wash to the engine using "Folk Art" Black and Light Gray ........I added some decals to the plug wires and a Slixx Decal to the Oil Pan......Chris also gave me a decal to use on the Distributor.......thanks Chris.......I made some Fuel Lines and attached them to Chris Sobak Designs Fuel Blocks.......I added "Pro Tech" and Meng nut and bolt ends to the engine.......thanks for looking

DSCF4046_zpsww0gl4vy.jpg

DSCF4018_zpsjnfprmms.jpg

DSCF4017_zpslguzvpns.jpg

DSCF4019_zpsdufv8sde.jpg

DSCF4026_zpsxznyro8o.jpg

DSCF4028_zpsjnhh583b.jpg

Beautiful work as always John.....No detail left unturned. Since I like weathered objects...I truly appreciate the subtle weathering techniques that you use. It adds tons of depth and realism. Good stuff!

I have to second what Darryl said. This would be beautiful without the subtle weathering but it adds so much more interest. Many times you don't realize what it is that makes your creations so lifelike and dimensional John, but its the weathering techniques used. Flat out gorgeous!!

I could, and often do, stare at your WIP photos for a long time and soak in all of the subtle details. In fact, I think I'll go and study these last ones some more. As I do, I often just shake my head slowly side to side.

Edited by gasser59

John.. my Brother This is Engine is just looking Killer. Man you knocked it out of the part. I don't know why but there is something about the blower that is making it my favorite part. I think it is just how you painted it with the Alclad and then to top off the whole engine is the subtle weathering you have given everything to make it life like. It looks like the real thing. I am glad you enjoyed the 3D parts, Just love your work my friend. Keep up the killer work on this build, It's amazing man!!

Amazing work . You show us mortals that you don't have to go completely scratchbuilt on stunning projects . The stain on the fuel tank is perfect . Of note , I have rounded the front tires  on my 57 project and it helps give it a fat round look . 

Great job  Jeff

IMG_0766.JPG