Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Wild Willys" Snap-Draggin

TooOld

Started this Polar lights kit more than a year ago but it got pushed aside .  Last month I came up with an idea and started playing around with it again .  These are really simple snap kits , but with a little bit of detailing they display nicely .

Hope you like it !

Edited by TooOld
  • Like 1

Cool!  I have one of these on the bench that I have pushed aside too.  I like the ideas that you have incorporated.  What did you use for the smoke on the tires - is that a caulking of some sort?  Are the flames made of the same and painted?  I can't decide what to do with the windows on mine and whether or not to do an interior, but I like how you just blacked yours out.

Thanks for posting your build!

Cool!  I have one of these on the bench that I have pushed aside too.  I like the ideas that you have incorporated.  What did you use for the smoke on the tires - is that a caulking of some sort?  Are the flames made of the same and painted?  I can't decide what to do with the windows on mine and whether or not to do an interior, but I like how you just blacked yours out.

Thanks for posting your build!

Thanks !  The windows in my kit were molded in black plastic so I had no choice , and the flames are made from translucent modeling clay .  For the smoke I tried a dozen or more different products until I settled on what you see here . . . still need a bit of practice .

An exquisitely turned out rendition. Also, I can't help but remark what a nice representation of 1:1 this CarToon version actually is. Perhaps it's because you captured the color and details so well.

Thanks very much Bernard !  The paint color is actually one reason it sat on my bench for more than a year .