Model Cars Magazine Forum

'58 Impala

Slotto

Kool. You gonna foil ALL that chrome !?

yeah. I made a sheet of foil and am going to give it a spin. Tulio has a great tutiorial on youtube on how to make it. So between the foil and a pen I should be able to get it done.

Nice project.I remember when these cars were new in the dealerships.That was when I was a sophomore in high school.After the '57 was so popular this completely new design was a real shocker.They really a love it or hate it thing.Personally I loved them.keep up the good work.

20170715_203205.thumb.jpg.0acde6914fc9fd

Slow going. I was looking for a decent copper paint at the auto parts store and I found some for high heat situations. For giggles I thought I'd experiment on a scrap body just in case it started to eat away at the plastic. It sprayed a little heavier than lacquer and dried just as quick. This is just one application with one round of future. I think I can work with this.

20170709_214353.thumb.jpg.72874025fc1b4a

Also dragged a chrome pen across the exhaust manifolds and the pipes.

Stay Tuned...

yeah. I made a sheet of foil and am going to give it a spin. Tulio has a great tutiorial on youtube on how to make it. So between the foil and a pen I should be able to get it done.

Starting to think BMF compeny is going to get me killed for that:P.

On the car, I would go with the stock hubcaps and wide whites, specially with so close to factory colors, but that's me. 

Ive got both an AMT later issue hardtop and an original issue convertible near the top of my to do list. I was thinking something along the lines of a copper with a 2 tone copper and white interior on one or the other .

I'm  gonna have to watch this one

I agree.

I built my Revell '58 in a similar color combo.

It looks like a copper color, but it's called "Cay Coral".

Still one of my favorites! ^_^

Steve

'58 resize

Today, we look at rods built in the '80's and '90's and think they look dated and odd. 

Factory stock never looks dated or odd. It's timeless good taste. 

Today, we look at rods built in the '80's and '90's and think they look dated and odd. 

Factory stock never looks dated or odd. It's timeless good taste. 

Well, to some of us anyway.

My 28 year old daughter thinks these cars from the 50s & 60s are the ugliest things ever made! :D

Steve