Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '70 Charger

Most-likely it was Lambeck ; pretty sure that Landy was concentrating on Pro Stock in '70 . The '70 Charger was campaigned in automatic and stick classes (not unusual) ; then there was the A/MP "1970" Hemi Dart (ostensibly a cosmetically-updated '68 'LO23') .

As an FYI, I dont believe Dick Landy ever drove this car. I'm pretty sure  It was always a hired gun driver.

Here you go...

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

The looks pretty good Rob. Thanks for showing us the kit contents I my bedroom, I have an excellent Hemming's Muscle Machine article and photos of a Triple Black, with the White Bumble Bee '70 Hemi Charger R/T. I plan to pilfer the Rally Wheels from Revell Hemi Cuda, and a set of AMT Pad- printed Polyglas GT White Lettered Tires. This will bookend with the '68 Charger R/T from "Bullitt"  that I want to do. I bought a set of wheelcovers from Fireball Modelworks to do the project. I cannot wait!!!!!!

Thanks Rob for the photo's ,that tail light will be a bit tricky to do with paint but it will be do able , I Laugh at Revell for doing the red lines in this kit , you could not get red lines in 70' .

I'll probably use AMT RWL Goodyears and use the redlines on '68-69 kits. 

Edited by Rob Hall

It looks the same as the recent Fast & the Furious '70 kit, but with the addition of a chrome air cleaner and Magnum 500 wheels and other stock parts. 

IMG_3310.JPG

and the rear bumper has now got the bumperettes. where the FF did not .....only wish they would have them on the from bumper too.

Far as the ProModeler-based '68-'69 are concerned, this one may have master patterns and several design features in common but the tooling is all-new.  Axle pins now and no more poseable steering.  For whatever reason, the motor mounts aren't staggered in this as they are in the '68-'69.  Very subtle body shell differences beyond the '70 update to the front end.

Looked at the Rallye wheels from the '70 'Cuda, and those have a deeper boss, which may act to widen the track of the Charger a bit if you use them.

was thinking of putting on one of these ?

573841-611-0.jpg

I think you can get one of those either from the MPC (now Round 2) '75 Corvette convertible kit, or the just released Revell '69 Corvette Coupe. It's in all versions of the '75 kit, but only in the latest issue of the '69. My understanding is that Mopars and Chevies used the same rack, probably from the same vendor.