Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 66 Impala

Janne Herajärvi

Off to a nice start! Very attractive color; what's the interior color going to be?

Will be watching with interest as I used to own a '66 SS with a 327, 3-speed manual shift on-the-column(!). Mine was black with a white interior. Love these big Chevies!

Edited by bisc63
ommitted info

This is a great kit and I like your color choice. Hopefully the dust in the paint can be sanded out. I bought a new '66 Impala Super Sport with the 396 & 4-speed in Danube Blue with Black interior. Except for the cost of insurance it was a great car. Look forward to your build.   

Off to a nice start! Very attractive color; what's the interior color going to be?

Interior will be combo of black and leather brown..

Thank you guys for your nice comments.. And here we have little update what kind of wheel and tire combo im going to use..

I did pick some 6 bolt steelies and made chrome lip with molotow chrome pen, then other of that is satin black.. Bolts will be chromed also later.. Then AMT`s nice parts pack redline tires.. Here you go ;)

_full.jpg

Kudos on the paint color you've chosen for the body.  It's going to look spectacular with those wheels and tires.  

I hope you won't mind a nudge for the sake of accuracy:  you'll need to turn those valve covers the other way around so the bolts are 3 up and 4 down.  See pic. 

bbc.thumb.jpg.47fda9937e0a484a9ec25578ee 

Thank you guys...

Monty: i can blame Revell about those valve covers, i just followed instructions.. Atleast oil cap is in right place i guess.. I leave it like that since i used super glue.. :D

Rusty: Yes i know it should have 5-lug wheels, but these were only ones i could pick for this build..

Edited by Janne Herajärvi

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 10:18 AM, Janne Herajärvi said:

Here comes update.. I got BMF work done with this puppy.. Chrome looks great with this color.. Aint it? Next i will give some final touches with Molotow chrome pen, and chrome details are ready then.. B)

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

In these pics, the paint could ALMOST pass for '66 Chevy Aztec Bronze. Almost. At any rate, looking very, VERY good! Drive on!