Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi folks!

Here's my new project.

In fact it's been started 2 years ago, i decided to build it as a used up feathers edition (white)

Th body has been primed with urethane to prevent the bodywork to show with time, especially on the Hood!

it's a kit that shows its age a lot, but with a lot of patience, it will end as a great model.

I opted for resin wheels and tires from Fireball Modelworks, they're just beutiful!

Next step, white paint!

The truck will have a worn look, rusted underside and a bit faded paint with rust spots in a few places.

20180104_233407-vi.jpg

20180104_233548-vi.jpg

20180104_204818-vi.jpg

I like it!  Love the wheels and tires especially!  The kit has a few things missing that was easy to remedy.  master cylinder, radiator top to name a few. I used a plastic spoon to fill in the excessive hole in the firewall on mine. I built it with the same theme as yours. check it out under workbench or under glass (amt 72 k5 blazer). If you need any pointers on the spoon method, let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a little progress on the Blazer.

I applied a generic white basecoat, followed by PPG urethane Clearcoat.

I then processed the decals, but unfortunately, i put them on the wrong side on the Hood!!

But this mistake has brought me a solution to  weather these, i first wanted to remove them with tape, but they were stuck hard on the Hood, i had to sand them with 600 grit, this step has shown that they were wearing just like real decals with colors fading, just like i wanted.

I will now process this tip to all the decals on the kit (upper portion only) to make the look like they've worn out with sunshine.

I will then apply some flat and semi-flat clear over the body and complete with proper wash and pigments to show wear.

For the grille, i painted it with Alclad chrome over a satin blue base and followed by a Vallejo acrylic black wash.

More to come and thank's for the comments! 

20180127_010441-vi.jpg

20180126_234848-vi.jpg20180126_234825-vi.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments, I worked on a home made front push bumper for my truck, I did it police style, it will wear some Fireball Modelworks KC highlights .

I Thought that this kind of truck will wear it just perfect, and be a nice addition!

I did it scratch built with Evergreen plastic.

Its now temporarily fixed to the frame, in fact it will be closer to the grille and a bit higher too..  

This Project is nearing completion, I think it will be at next NNL EAST..

I'm now working on the interior, pictures next time!

See ya!

20180221_213401-vi.jpg