Model Cars Magazine Forum

25 Oldsmobile Roadster - finished ( or nearly!)

alan barton

So here she is.  Obviously I didn't built it in five days but I get sidetracked on projects sometimes so I thought I would wait til it was nearly done before posting build photos.  Overall, I am quite happy with the finished project.  It matches the picture in my head and I think it reflects the era, even if it has a more contemporary colour scheme.  I think it would look right at home at Pleasanton.  I enjoyed the fact that I used nearly all of the original kit parts (not counting the oddball Beverley Hillbillies bits.)

Since taking the photos there are a few things I need to go back and fix.  Originally I planned to use the stock Olds windshield but it just stuck up way too high. It is a beautiful piece, however, so rather than cut it down I am going to save it for a future T bucket project.  Instead, I cut down an AMT 32 roadster windshield frame.  This is an ugly piece that you would never use on a Deuce but with a bit of work it seems to suit the Olds.  As the photos show however, the fit isn't as precise as I first thought so I need to go back and fix that.  Finally, I chose to leave the wire wheels in the plastic they were molded in but as I still have a spare one, I think I will experiment with some washes  to see if I can get rid of the plastic look.

I've also noticed that a front tyre has popped askew on its rim.  Need to fix that, as well as a plug lead that has popped off.  Hey, new rods always have teething problems, right?

IMG_7898.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

IMG_7888.JPG

IMG_7890.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7891.JPG