Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

om617

9 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Is the rear spoiler easy to remove?  Look at the picture above for how the factory mounted them.  You would be surprised how many real Fords I see with the spoiler facing the other way

Not sure what you are asking?

5 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Tommy,

your build is very nice. It is an inspiration to get mine going. I just bought a glue-bomb Revell 70 Torino for the engine, chassis and running gear, and I have an old glue-bomb Cyclone to get the rest from.

Cant wait to see it. Have you chosen color for it? Thanks btw.

12 hours ago, om617 said:

Not sure what you are asking?

I'll be straight forward.  The spoiler is on backwards.  It is basically the same spoiler on 69-73 Mustangs and the front edge is the flat part and the back part is tapered.

17 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I'll be straight forward.  The spoiler is on backwards.  It is basically the same spoiler on 69-73 Mustangs and the front edge is the flat part and the back part is tapered.

You are absolutely right. How,i even used the original brochure for referance :blink:

I prefer straight forward. Used superglue since it is resin so not sure if i can correct

it. The legs seem to be a bit long,after staring at it for some time.

1 minute ago, om617 said:

You are absolutely right. How,i even used the original brochure for referance :blink:

I prefer straight forward. Used superglue since it is resin so not sure if i can correct

it. The legs seem to be a bit long,after staring at it for some time.

It happens to the best.;) 

16 hours ago, om617 said:

Cant wait to see it. Have you chosen color for it? Thanks btw.

The model I am using is moulded in Maroon. I like Grabber Yellow to be different. I bought the Dash and Photoetch from Missing Link. I may go with a Cyclone GT in lieu of the Spoiler. I have decals as well as the grilles to do a 70 or a 71 car.