Model Cars Magazine Forum

car you always dreamed of owning but always just out of reach

youpey

I think maybe some of us are missing the point of this thread.

At least I believe that the OP meant "just out of reach".

Not in another solar system! :D

To me, "just out of reach" would probably be something worth in the neighborhood of $20,000.00.

To others it may be a little more or less.

$6,000,000.00 might not be within Bill Gates' reach!!

Steve

In the late 1980s, I owned both a restoration shop and a fleet-vehicle services company. I was doing pretty well financially, and made a deposit on a Safir GT40 continuation car (the originals were already out of my price range, but the Safir cars, Ford-approved REAL GT40s, were still accessible). http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1989-safir-gt40-mark-v-powered-by-ford

I had a block of Eastern Airlines stock that I'd intended to liquidate to pay off the Safir when the time came, but it started to tank, and I held on to the bitter end as Eastern finally went down in flames, crashing into bankruptcy, and taking my nest-egg with it. So ended the GT40 dream.

Related image

On 9/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, Little Timmy said:

I found $1.72 ......

So $ 5.999.998.28    to go.

Positive attitude, man, positive attitude.  :D

Love the S10 with cats, by the way. She's in about the same shape as my daily driver...including the cats.

Only question is how you get rust holes in Arizona?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Almost had one of these back around 2000. $5k was all he wanted. It was solid, straight, 383 powered and pretty much ready to resto or go. Came back with the cash and he sold it to a friend. I was a young 20 something and he didn't think I'd come back. His 'friend' let it rot next to his garage for the next year and I got to see it all the time because he lived by the golf course my friends and I liked. Couldn't find anything else I wanted as much in that price range and now a good one that that is just too much.

69 500.jpg

Edited by Dentz