Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oh! The Humanity!

Straightliner59

11 minutes ago, Scott Colmer said:

I saw that one too. That may not be an Aroura Vega. The latham blower peeking through the hood hole lead me to think this a is 1/25 scale vega.

If you compare it to photos of the Racing Scenes Vega, it becomes apparent that it is, unfortunately, an Aurora body. Oh, well!

On 9/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, Straightliner59 said:

If you compare it to photos of the Racing Scenes Vega, it becomes apparent that it is, unfortunately, an Aurora body. Oh, well!

I stand corrected. I did some research. The notches on the window frames are one clue. I'm sad.

I am pretty sure the rear tires came from the spin welder kits.

9 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

I stand corrected. I did some research. The notches on the window frames are one clue. I'm sad.

I am pretty sure the rear tires came from the spin welder kits.

Scott, I have a bunch of pics I gathered from the interwebs, for an article that used to be on the old SLM website. Tom West, who worked with Jim Keeler to bring that line to be, told his side of the story, regarding the development of Aurora Racing Scenes. I also have a bunch of files of Tom's design drawings from the project. It's one of my favorite series, even though I've never seen more than the two engines and a mechanic and tool box kit. I still have one of each of the engines. I'm rambling! I recognized it, based on the cutouts in the rear window. You may be correct about the rear tires; I am unfamiliar with those kits. I agree...it's pretty saddening. Here are a few of the pics I found, and a couple of Tom's drawings. He gave me permission to publish them, so, I am pretty sure he'd be fine with me sharing them, here. He was a great guy! I hung out with him a couple of different times--one of them was at GSL, in '97. Was a lot of fun!

vegafc.gif

Aurora Racing Scenes pg04 & 05.jpg

cat1.jpg

fcdriv.gif

spshopdisplay.jpg

19459_1186774911190_1282823678_30453426_3576709_n.jpg

19459_1186774951191_1282823678_30453427_4472311_n.jpg

19459_1186775031193_1282823678_30453428_4226986_n.jpg