Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes AMG Gt

martinfan5

Finally got this one finished up, and I know, I know, I say it a lot, but really, there a few things that I am not happy with on this one, and I feel I could of done better with, up first, I too had some issues with the front/rear bumper piece/fascia not fitting there is a noticeable gap in the rear bumper to body, and got some glue on the body around the joint,  the front bumper piece I got to fit better just by putting a lot pressure on it while the glue dried.   I had some issues with the side windows not fitting all the way in, which lead to no so clean install on the left side more.  Moving on, I messed up the carbon fiber roof decal, that MR Hobby Decal set works toooo good sometimes and I ended up ripping it, I could of saved it, but there few small holes so I decided to just paint it.   

What else, I never really finished painting all the lines in the engine bay, so that is why there are no engine bay pics, just got lazy.   I lost the rear-view mirror, I have no idea where its at.   

Paint is from Scalefinishes, Mercedes Cardinal Red, wheels are from Plamoz, the ride height was lowered as well.
44257713834_542fde6036_c.jpg
43165123610_81d06547db_c.jpg
44257714004_5600a0b579_c.jpg
44257712174_503fca03d2_c.jpg
43165122740_212c4e0e7d_c.jpg
44257712814_4825e448f8_c.jpg
43165123440_0506443d31_c.jpg

I think it still looks FANTASTIC!!!   I think we all know what its like to have a nice kit still fight us the whole time...the "Slinky effect".  About the windows not fitting; I find that leaving, or cutting-out the door windows almost always helps fix fitment issues, plus you don't have to strain your eyes looking through the thick....sometimes distorted window, trying to see all that awesome interior detail work that you put in!

I don't know about others, but I would feel pretty confident in saying that I feel most of us end up doing a lazy thing or two here, and there...…..I certainly do. For me, I think its my brain, atmosphere....whatever, telling me that I need a break from doing a detailed build. Keep up the great work, and remember that "beating" ourselves up is what also keeps us improving, and building beautiful works of art! The higher your standards, the less "slack" you give yourself, which shows the pride you take at whatever you do!!