Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's up with Pegasus?

Hmm...

can't help thinking they would make more money if they pulled their finger out, a bit. 

Don't they realise how popular their wheels are?

the online order form doesn't allow overseas shipping; which, in the 21st century, is very poor indeed.

looks like I'll be paying top dollar on eBay, then. ( if any ever come up for grabs)

or maybe someone with some business acumen will produce their own wheels and leave Pegasus to the annals of history.

1 hour ago, dodgefever said:

You're not missing anything.  I bought a few sets and sold them almost immediately.  They're rather toy like compared with decent kit parts.

Yeah, some of the wheels are a bit toylike 

but their Sovereigns, 

chrome reverse steels and Daytons are top notch.

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

I have, Jim. They're out of stock of the styles I'm after. 

I saw 12 sets of D's go on eBay for a whopping £250. I kid you not!

rarer than rocking horse manure

I didn't like the Sovereigns at all - diameter was too large, hub too small and offset too deep.  The wheels in the AMT '60 Starliner or '69 Olds 442 are miles better.

I also had the chrome reverse ones, but again the hub detail was lacking - lug nuts lost in a huge flat area, nothing like any 1:1 wheel; no slot detail between the centre and the hoop, just not very realistic at all.  I like the tyres, but there are much better kit wheels.  If they'd actually looked at say, a reversed '50 Merc wheel, or a Ford centre in a Buick hoop and replicated those, I'd have bought mulitples, but they were a huge disappointment.

15 hours ago, dodgefever said:

I didn't like the Sovereigns at all - diameter was too large, hub too small and offset too deep.  The wheels in the AMT '60 Starliner or '69 Olds 442 are miles better.

I also had the chrome reverse ones, but again the hub detail was lacking - lug nuts lost in a huge flat area, nothing like any 1:1 wheel; no slot detail between the centre and the hoop, just not very realistic at all.  I like the tyres, but there are much better kit wheels.  If they'd actually looked at say, a reversed '50 Merc wheel, or a Ford centre in a Buick hoop and replicated those, I'd have bought mulitples, but they were a huge disappointment.

I took your advice and used the nice rims from the 60 Starliner and mated them with Modelhaus thin whitewalls. I'd like wider tyres, but these give the desired effect.

bad luck Pegasus, you lost a customer.

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:42 AM, aurfalien said:

Hi,

I called them a few months back.

Very nice BTW.

At the time, they could no longer produce tires, something about sourcing issues.  No ETA either.

So I'm unsure.  I'd suggest calling them to get the info first hand, they are located in Montclair, California.

http://www.pegasushobbies.net/

Their answer is a typical back-handed way of saying "Forget it!" without really saying it.  Evasive, rude, insulting!