Model Cars Magazine Forum

DeTomasa Pantera with engine??

The short answer is no but there is an expensive Mangusta kit with an engine someone posted a link to on the Forum a while back.  Just having the rear suspension and gearbox would be a good start as the rest could be scratchbuilt and the engine could come from the 70Mach1.

IMG_3551.PNG

IMG_3552.PNG

IMG_3553.PNG

Edited by vamach1
Pics

A detailed engine bay conversion is another possible use for 3d printing.  I sent some suggestions to Randy for his start-up 3D printing business, engine bays being one of them.  How many of you would buy a conversion kit - inner fenders, subframe, suspension, small detail pieces, and driveline (possibly optional) - if offered for the Pantera?

27 minutes ago, djflyer said:

A detailed engine bay conversion is another possible use for 3d printing.  I sent some suggestions to Randy for his start-up 3D printing business, engine bays being one of them.  How many of you would buy a conversion kit - inner fenders, subframe, suspension, small detail pieces, and driveline (possibly optional) - if offered for the Pantera?

I like it, I would buy that.

36 minutes ago, djflyer said:

I would but at least 1 as long it  was for the testers kit. 

I remember doing some engine work on one of those. When I went to test drive it, I had to get on my knees to get in it! (I’m 6’6”)

it was fun to drive, little short throw shifter, tight handling. You could really feel and hear that engine right behind you!