Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig Build Off Entry List 2019, Rules and Updates

12 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

You never know unless you try. There's nothing to lose.

Anything goes?? As long as it’s a big car in scale of 1/24 or 1/25 right? 

If so, count me in. Does it have to be a complete kit to start with or can it be a few parts of one??? If a few parts of a rig is allowable put me down with a cab, hood, interior bits and some other stuff for a Pete 359! 

That being said, think of a pile of parts and my username and I think you know where this one is going!!! Post pics later!!

On 1/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, DrKerry said:

That’s it you’re done! Put it back in the box and wait!! Lol ? 

Ha ha !   Yes, it's tucked back in it's box.  Unfortunately, you could give me a 6-month head start and it would be a coin toss whether I actually finished or not.  Hoping this one goes differently !

Edited by Goodwrench3
removed bad word

4 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Anything goes?? As long as it’s a big car in scale of 1/24 or 1/25 right? 

If so, count me in. Does it have to be a complete kit to start with or can it be a few parts of one??? If a few parts of a rig is allowable put me down with a cab, hood, interior bits and some other stuff for a Pete 359! 

That being said, think of a pile of parts and my username and I think you know where this one is going!!! Post pics later!!

Any type of truck med or heavy duty. Post a picture of what you are starting with. Parts from multiple kits are fine, new or rebuilds. I don't remember the last time that I built straight out of one box anyway. I'll put you down for a 359 then.

1 hour ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Ha ha !   Yes, it's tucked back in it's box.  Unfortunately, you could give me a 6-month head start and it would be a coin toss whether I actually finished or not.  Hoping this one goes differently !

Ha ha!!! You and me both!! Some cases I could have a year start and it wouldn’t be enough!!!

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Any type of truck med or heavy duty. Post a picture of what you are starting with. Parts from multiple kits are fine, new or rebuilds. I don't remember the last time that I built straight out of one box anyway. I'll put you down for a 359 then.

It’s going to be a kustom Pete! Leaning more towards the kustom hot rod look!! 

1 minute ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looking forward to seeing it come together!

Hopefully it’ll get off the ground!! Lol

i need something to take my mind off of life for awhile! Wish I could start on it now! I’m I need of some kuttin’ Therapy!!!! 

I'll give another try this year , I failed big time in 2017 B.R.B.O .

I would like to add this to the 2019 build off.

I picked this up cheap at an swap meet , the frame is in bad shape ( broken and glue bomb ) the cab , hood , and sleeper are tape together .

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

1 hour ago, k100 said:

I'll give another try this year , I failed big time in 2017 B.R.B.O .

I would like to add this to the 2019 build off.

I picked this up cheap at an swap meet , the frame is in bad shape ( broken and glue bomb ) the cab , hood , and sleeper are tape together .

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4616.JPG

You're in.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, amtrak115 said:

I have never built a big rig model....so this is the challenge...never entered a build before...another challenge....

I'd like to add this build to build off!!

prostar.jpg

That’s a great kit, I’ve built one, and have a second one about done. Everything fits really well. Only have to be carefull when you actually install the engine/radiator assembly, and care must be taken when trying to get the cab on, the front mounts always need ‘massaging’ to get the cab level.

I'll hop on board with this one that I bought on ebay many years ago. The only thing started was the cab was painted white before I acquired it but it will definitely not be white when I'm finished with it.

32877557368_56433cec26_b.jpg20190110_183159 by Jim Gavin, on Flickr

45837684645_8eed225b85_b.jpg20190110_183208 by Jim Gavin, on Flickr

46753098511_7260083260_b.jpg20190114_055222_HDR by Jim Gavin, on Flickr

2 hours ago, drinkone2 said:

I'll hop on board with this one that I bought on ebay many years ago. The only thing started was the cab was painted white before I acquired it but it will definitely not be white when I'm finished with it.

I can not begin to tell you how jealous I am. I low that kit and have never been able to find one at a price I was willing to pay. 

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

I can not begin to tell you how jealous I am. I low that kit and have never been able to find one at a price I was willing to pay. 

I got lucky on this one and picked it up for $80 at least 10 years ago. Back then ebay bidding would slow down in the summer time it seemed but it's not like that anymore. People get ridiculous prices for this kit year round now. I figure it's a good time to build it.

4 minutes ago, drinkone2 said:

I got lucky on this one and picked it up for $80 at least 10 years ago. Back then ebay bidding would slow down in the summer time it seemed but it's not like that anymore. People get ridiculous prices for this kit year round now. I figure it's a good time to build it.

I've got it's successor (the Transtar II Eagle) in my "holy grail stash".   LOL -  I don't consider myself worthy to break the shrink wrap on it until my skills are appropriate for such a kit.  You only get one shot at these   :-)

30 minutes ago, Goodwrench3 said:

I've got it's successor (the Transtar II Eagle) in my "holy grail stash".   LOL -  I don't consider myself worthy to break the shrink wrap on it until my skills are appropriate for such a kit.  You only get one shot at these   :-)

Someday, I am going to treat myself to one of these. Maybe a birthday or Christmas gift to myself. But better be soon as the prices seem to just keep going up.

2 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie there! 

44 minutes ago, Goodwrench3 said:

I, too, have the Transtar II 4070B kit; however, the shrink wrap has been broken on mine.  I don't think I'll build this one until my skills improve either.

5 hours ago, drinkone2 said:

You're in.

Hello all,

I would like to join in. Never did a build off before or a big Rig for that matter, although I have several semi kits in my stash (mostly build muscle cars and 4x4s Jeeps, Pick ups etc.) So here is my Mack Cruise -Liner cab over to submit. Thanks Pete D

IMG_2667.jpg

1 hour ago, BuilderX said:

Hello all,

I would like to join in. Never did a build off before or a big Rig for that matter, although I have several semi kits in my stash (mostly build muscle cars and 4x4s Jeeps, Pick ups etc.) So here is my Mack Cruise -Liner cab over to submit. Thanks Pete D

IMG_2667.jpg

You're in.