Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Tractor and Imex Car Carrier

Finally completed the Imex car carrier acquired many years ago. I think it is the precursor to the Revell kit.  The kit was made in Denmark.  See attached photo of first sheet of instruction sheet.  Hooked it to an International tractor.  Threw the Camaro on for kicks.

20190126_105456.jpg

20190107_213338.jpg

20190126_105507.jpg

20190126_105525.jpg

I'm not sure this kit is the precursor to the Revell kit, I think it's a rebox of the Revell kit as I don't think Imex makes any kits of their own.
The Revell Germany Auto Transporter first came out on the market 36 years ago in 1983 as a new tool and was reissued 2004 and 2015, I can't make out what year the Imex kit is from your picture of the instructions as it's quite out of focus, but if the copyright date is before 1983 I stand corrected.
But your build is nice anyway. B)

Edited by Force

The picture of the trailer on the top of the instruction sheet is the same view that Revell had on the front of their box. I had one for years and sold it since I just thought I'm never going to build it. The Revell kit had two Camaro Z-28's in addition to the trailer and they included some small chains used to secure the cars to the trailer. 

The original box art of the then new tool Auto Transporter kit #7424 from 1983.

Boxart Auto Transporter 7424 Revell

The first year 1983 Revell also issued this car trailer as a combo kit with a Peterbilt 359 and it was called Prestige Car Transport, kit #7432.

Boxart Prestige Car-Transport Peterbilt & Trailer 7432 Revell

The kit was reissued 1985 as Prestige Auto Movers, also a combo kit with the Peterbilt, a Pontiac Firebird and a Chevrolet Camaro, kit #7434.

.Boxart Prestige Auto Movers 7434 Revell

The 2004 reissue called Car Transporter, kit # 07540.

Boxart Car Transporter 07540 Revell

And the latest reissue from 2015 called Auto transport Trailer kit #85-1509.

Boxart Auto Transport Trailer 85-1509 Revell

This trailer was appearently also planned to be issued with the Kenworth K100 Aerodyne and the picture is from a Revell Catalog (don't know the year), but I have never seen one so that never materialized.
Note the same kit # as the 1983 Prestige Car Transport kit above.

Bildresultat för revell car transporter

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...