Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm only one tried of this cold weather

charlie

We flew to Chicago in January for my mother-in laws funeral. The old girl lived with us in Las Vegas but wanted to be buried back home. We had to delay the burial three days as it was nearly impossible to dig. While up there we encountered two major snow storms and during the internment, it sleeted. 

Experiencing real winter again reaffirmed my decision to move away all those years ago.

Then it snowed in Las Vegas...……………...

G

3 hours ago, Agent G said:

We flew to Chicago in January for my mother-in laws funeral. The old girl lived with us in Las Vegas but wanted to be buried back home. We had to delay the burial three days as it was nearly impossible to dig. While up there we encountered two major snow storms and during the internment, it sleeted. 

Experiencing real winter again reaffirmed my decision to move away all those years ago.

Then it snowed in Las Vegas...……………...

G

Then there's the summer in Vegas. But it's a dry heat! :D Hit the lottery and buy a place in both locations.

I don't mind the cold.I mean as long as it's not -0..And I have to say that this winter hasn't been to bad..Its the sweltering heat and humidity that I despise.And it gets real hot in the summer here on Looonng Island:D.Iam not looking forward to that.Give me low 70s and with no humidity,and I'm happy.

6 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I don't mind the cold.I mean as long as it's not -0..And I have to say that this winter hasn't been to bad..Its the sweltering heat and humidity that I despise.And it gets real hot in the summer here on Looonng Island:D.Iam not looking forward to that.Give me low 70s and with no humidity,and I'm happy.

This summer you should try and cool off with a drink I recall from when I thought I could drink it faster than they made it, I was wrong. The drink was called Long Island Ice Tea. About the only thing that will render you defenseless quicker would be a Brass Monkey. Don't ask how I know, just take my word for it. 

Another winter storm bearing down on us here.

Blizzard warnings continue from tonight, through to early Friday morning.

2-18 inches of new snow around the region with freezing rain and 55-65 mph wind gusts.

Everything is already closing in anticipation of the storm, from schools to donut shops! :rolleyes:

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

• 2 weeks later...

Getting tired of winter...was about 62 here yesterday.  I was down in southern Ohio (Athens) for a concert yesterday, was 73 in the afternoon and rainy.  The drive home took 4 1/2 hours--torrential rain followed by snow.   Have 3-4 inches of snow on the ground here now... the freeways were down to one clear lane in the early morning hours, saw several snow plow trucks, but they were in the southbound lanes, none going northbound. 

We have had some very heavy rain the last three days. Yesterday we had to go run some errands and it started to snow. Roads remained clear. Today it's just above freezing but the sun is out and the birds are singing so it's all good.