Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC 9500 Rollback Equipment Hauler

Got this one done in two months.......amazing! It is a replica of the actual truck I used to have. It was a 1980 9500 rollback with a 6V92T, (replaced the original 6V53 by a previous owner), and a 5x2 transmission/rear end. It has a diamond plate 22 foot rollback body with a hydraulic winch. The cab is an AITM resin with a flip hood modification, a Backyard Shed resin engine, an AMT Ford frame, and parts box axles and springs. The dashboard is scratchbuilt from a Ford Louisville, and the body is totally built from Evergreen Styrene and it all works. I plan on doing some light weathering at a later date. Pretty happy with how it came out and how well it replicates the original. 

IMG_8489.JPG

IMG_8490.JPG

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG

IMG_8493.JPG

IMG_8494.JPG

IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8496.JPG

IMG_8497.JPG

IMG_8498.JPG

IMG_8499.JPG

IMG_8500.JPG

IMG_8501.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

IMG_8506.JPG

IMG_8508.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

IMG_8510.JPG

IMG_8511.JPG

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

IMG_8515.JPG

IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8519.JPG

IMG_8517.JPG

Edited by redneckrigger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tbill said:

Saw this in person today, great build! Was nice to put another ‘screen name’ to a face:). Enjoyed talking with you today! 

2 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Very nice build Tom ! Enjoyed checking out the build today at the Thaw 

Nice to meet ya too always enjoy meeting other forum members at local shows 

Thanks guys, it WAS great to put faces with screen names. That is one of the main reasons why these shows are so much fun to go to. Add that to the inspiration one gets from seeing so many unbelievable builds, and talking to so many with the same passion, and it makes these shows awesome!

• 4 years later...

When I completed this build, I was never happy with the forward rake of the cab.  So…..finding myself with time to get to the bench after over a year away from it, first thing I addressed was to correct the rake.  Am MUCH happier with it now! Having just recently retired and sold my business, I see LOTS more time at the bench in my future!

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...