Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988 Ford Crown Victoria

am73grand

This is a resin kit available from Gregg Wann. It's a complete kit right down to the tires and it allows you to build the '88-'89 version or the '90-'91 version. I was lucky enough to get two of them.

1006181335-vi.jpg

I went to college in Memphis and remember seeing a few of these running around. They stood out because the fleet in Memphis was all Chevy. When I found the right decals at the local hobby shop I knew one was going to be from Memphis.

Here's the interior:

0317191636a-vi.jpg

I added the interior spotlight handles:

0317191643-vi.jpg

The car number 413 is my college girlfriends birthday. This will be going to her.

0411191705-vi.jpg

0411191932a-vi.jpg

I see now that the windshield has popped loose. I will have to fix that. Also Ronnie Keel mentioned my lightbar was sitting way to high. I will correct that at some point.

0411191932b-vi.jpg

0411191932d-vi.jpg

This was a fun build that got me back into the swing of modeling. Hopefully I am able to continue building.

Thanks for looking!!

Hi that came out awesome very nice build looks like a nice resin kit. I have a quick and easy fix for the windshield for you I use it my self get that 5 second bond UV glue put a couple of small drops between the glass and the frame and use a toothpick and push the glass up through one of the side windows as you hit it with the UV light in 5 sec your done and you can't see the fix this way you do not have to take it apart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, kymdlr said:

Very cool to see this era vic, is this the one someone on this board was creating from scratch? How much do the kits run?

This is the kit that was being built from scratch. Send Gregg Wann a PM for the price.

It's a great kit!