Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT Don Garlits' Wynn's Jammer Fuel Dragster

Casey

19 hours ago, DukeE said:

Kinda cynical about life there, wow.  It's for fun, it looks like the 1:1, and is better than the previous issues. Star Trek stuff and licensing will pay for new car stuff soon enough. 

New decals look nice. I never liked FED's as kid, still don't like RED's. But the earlier streamlined stuff is cool. 

Far more kids into cars know who Garlits, Petty, the greats are. If it's on YouTube, they know it. 

Not cynical, it's just the reality of the audience Round2 is aiming their products to...all of these old kits appeal to older guys for the most part. If you pay any attention to social media younger folks who get these Round2 kits coming off Revell and Japanese products are totally appalled at the contents. We can debate the accuracy of Revell's body proportions, but the one thing they have down is the engineering side - they assemble exactly how you'd want them to...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, niteowl7710 said:

And what kid in 2019 even knows who Don Garlits is, or wants to build a mediocre old drag racing kit.  This is aimed squarely at adult builders tugging on their nostalgia (or mistalgia) heart strings - making them buy another one of something they already have a half dozen of laying around.

I don't have one. But if I see one at Hobby Lobby, I'm grabbing at least one. Maybe 2 or 3.