Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone bought the "Scale Auto First 35 years" dvd

Oh well!  It's gone!

Look out for second hand copies (and maybe rip offs) appearing on ebay some time in the future.

I hope that the Model Car Museum in Sandy, Utah obtained a copy for archive purposes as Scale Auto was closing. Perhaps a generous benefactor donated one to them maybe.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:42 PM, Bugatti Fan said:

Maybe some well heeled benefactor will buy out the complete rights to Scale Auto and place all the back issues off the DVD onto the web as a free download?     LOL!

did you get it as web for free if yes send me please XD

On 1/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, Anglia105E said:

Here it is guys  !   https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/product/dvd/15206

Only US $ 49.95

David

Just remember that if you have too new or up to date computer, that is 64 bit rather than the older 32 bit, you won’t be able to use it. I’ve had one for 3 years that I can’t look at because my MacBook Pro is too advanced for the dvd.

1 hour ago, peter31a said:

Just remember that if you have too new or up to date computer, that is 64 bit rather than the older 32 bit, you won’t be able to use it. I’ve had one for 3 years that I can’t look at because my MacBook Pro is too advanced for the dvd.

As far as I am aware Peter, any issues when reading DVD's is more to do with the DVD software than the 32 bit / 64 bit computer.

I wanted to play a Genesis concert tour DVD recently with my Windows 10 desktop computer, and it wasn't possible until I eventually found some software that would read the DVD disk. My version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is a 64 bit operating system.

David

I bought the DVD years ago, and I soon converted all the issues it contains into PDF files, guessing the software required to access them from the dvd would eventually become unusable (for info, I use Windows 10, and it still works on the current up-to-date version).

It is very easy to do this conversion, since the reading software allows printing of any pages, even an entire issue at once. Just use a free pdf printer like "PDF creator", and voila! (adjust the paper size in the printer driver, so that you do not see ugly white margins around the pages).

Now, Kalmbach could also provide the password use to allow access to the pdf files on the DVD...

31 minutes ago, Mustang fan said:

I bought the DVD years ago, and I soon converted all the issues it contains into PDF files, guessing the software required to access them from the dvd would eventually become unusable (for info, I use Windows 10, and it still works on the current up-to-date version).

It is very easy to do this conversion, since the reading software allows printing of any pages, even an entire issue at once. Just use a free pdf printer like "PDF creator", and voila! (adjust the paper size in the printer driver, so that you do not see ugly white margins around the pages).

Now, Kalmbach could also provide the password use to allow access to the pdf files on the DVD...

If you're using W10 or W11 you can convert them to PDF by choosing "Microsoft Print to PDF" instead of your printer . Yes it works , I've done it .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the first dvd every issue is already in its own separate pdf file.   You don’t have to do anything to it.   The problem comes when you try to open one of the pdf files.   They are all password protected and I haven’t found any way to bypass that password

the second dvd that has the issues through 2019 also has every Issue in a separate pdf file.  These files are not password protected.  You can copy them anywhere and open them with any app.  I copied them from my pc to an iCloud Drive.  Now I can use my iPad to look at them anywhere.