Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rumors

I'am aware of one guy that used to come in here til something happen and he has not been here since but he does indeed know...Too bad huh? :blink: I didn't get my infor. from him by the way.

All I can say is this for a fact not a rumor, there is several all new never done before kits due out next year by several companies and several factors may or may not have anything to do with the release of these kits such as the economy, kit sales etc and I really don't know the exact cars planned, just a few hints from a few trusted friends that don't participate in model car forums.

Why ruin a good surprise anyways?... :blink: Have fun! :D

~ Jeff

Just one time I would love to hear a rumor about a new tool coming out that wasn't of a car from 40, 50, 60 years ago.

I know my opinion is different from a lot of the folks on this and other boards, but I know if they release anything that's rumored here I'll be giving the Japanese even more money.

I'd love to hear about a Lotus Exige, McLaren F1 road car, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg. I would even be happy about hearing of a domestic item that's not real mainstream yet popular, like a Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Pontiac's Australian G8, and even a Jeep of some sort!

I'm still happy to see what gets released and of course I let my wallet do my talking. Like I said it's not a very popular opinion, but we need some new life. I know there are a few others that feel the same way, but it's hard to voice your opinion when it is not the majority.

Until then, I'll just wait and see what's coming.

Chris

I would even be happy about hearing of a domestic item that's not real mainstream yet popular, like a Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Pontiac's Australian G8, and even a Jeep of some sort!

Chris, I gotta agree with your there! While I love the oddball cars out of the '50's-'60's 'cuz that's what I saw as a kid............I really do wish they would kit more modern cars that are begging to be modeled.

Why is there no kit of the Sky or Solstice? They're certainly sporty enough and I see them all the time!

Also a new CTS sedan or upcoming coupe would be nice! Oldies are nice, but it's the new iron that'll draw the younger folks in. :lol:

Edited by MrObsessive

I may or may not have heard that a certain Chicago-area company may or may not be looking for a BONE STOCK 90/91 Mustang LX notchback for measurements.

This company may or may not ALSO be looking at a 38 grill, etc. to maybe retool a certain 37 Ford truck and may or may not already have a Ranchero retool in the works.

I dunno nothing about a Buick or Olds (or do I ??). :lol:

First, I dont think Galaxy L T D will EVER DO ANY THING MORE! The person behind the money is WAY too complacent and seems like hes fine with the way things are running now. I think the fact that he did the Chevrolets was a result of wanting to have amodel of the same. Hey just look at A M T for example . There was an emplyee that had a 1-1 41 Plymouth, he convinced accounting that there was a market for a model, got one. Ive said this before, DON'T HOLD YER BREATH AS TO EVER SEEING AN OLDS! Hel, Im still waiting fo A M T to make good on their "Stillborn " 50 Studebaker and their Nearly Finished 49 Olds, wadda Mean a 57... look the mind set is all screwed up within these model companies and I wouldnt bet the farm on a thing at this point. Ed shaver

Chris, I gotta agree with your there! While I love the oddball cars out of the '50's-'60's 'cuz that's what I saw as a kid............I really do wish they would kit more modern cars that are begging to be modeled.

Why is there no kit of the Sky or Solstice? They're certainly sporty enough and I see them all the time!

Also a new CTS sedan or upcoming coupe would be nice! Oldies are nice, but it's the new iron that'll draw the younger folks in. B)

Yes, I'd love to see more modern kits. Revell is doing a good job with Fords and Mopies, but there are a bunch of new GMs that would make great kits. There are nice 1:24th diecast of the Sky and Solstice from Maisto. I'd like to see the G8, '08 CTS, the CTS-v, the ZR-1, the '10 Camaro, the '10 CTS coupe and wagon all kitted.

From my point of view, both a '57 Buick and '57 Olds sound unlikely. But then again, when I kept hearing about a chopped '49 Mercury kit being developed, I kept saying "no way in the world". Shows how much my opinion is worth!

Regarding some of the other speculation here, the '70 Ranchero sounds plausible as many of us campaigned for this when the original Coupe kit was being considered. The '91/'92 Mustang LX would seem like a logical extension of the Fox convertible tool. The AMT/Ertl '49 Olds is one I would personally love to see. I think RM is pretty pleased with the '32 Ford Sedan kit, so one could speculate that another body style might be considered at some point. There's plenty left to choose....sedan delivery, vicky, phaeton, five window coupe, even my personal favorite the ultra rare '32 Roadster pickup.

I will say here what I've said before on several forums and to my contacts at the model companies ib multiple occasions. A fully correct new tool of the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, in several stock variations (340, Hemi, Six Pack, HT or convertible), all with key equipment like the integral body color front bumper, 15x7 Mopar Rallye wheels with correct F-60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, and the "gill" rocker moldings, along with the historic Super Stock and Pro Stock variations of the time, remains by [by far the biggest untapped market opportunity in 1/25th scale kits these days. 1/25th scale kits I hope someone takes the plunge one of these days.

Best regards....TIM

From my point of view, both a '57 Buick and '57 Olds sound unlikely. But then again, when I kept hearing about a chopped '49 Mercury kit being developed, I kept saying "no way in the world". Shows how much my opinion is worth!

Regarding some of the other speculation here, the '70 Ranchero sounds plausible as many of us campaigned for this when the original Coupe kit was being considered. The '91/'92 Mustang LX would seem like a logical extension of the Fox convertible tool. The AMT/Ertl '49 Olds is one I would personally love to see. I think RM is pretty pleased with the '32 Ford Sedan kit, so one could speculate that another body style might be considered at some point. There's plenty left to choose....sedan delivery, vicky, phaeton, five window coupe, even my personal favorite the ultra rare '32 Roadster pickup.

I will say here what I've said before on several forums and to my contacts at the model companies ib multiple occasions. A fully correct new tool of the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, in several stock variations (340, Hemi, Six Pack, HT or convertible), all with key equipment like the integral body color front bumper, 15x7 Mopar Rallye wheels with correct F-60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, and the "gill" rocker moldings, along with the historic Super Stock and Pro Stock variations of the time, remains by [by far the biggest untapped market opportunity in 1/25th scale kits these days. 1/25th scale kits I hope someone takes the plunge one of these days.

Best regards....TIM

THANK YOU TIM!!!!!!!

And your point is??.....

~ Jeff

It's not obvious? Don't think it got past Ken. He was immediately on the wavelength or something close to it.

You drop hints harking back to either the bullet-nose Stude or the '49 Olds AMT unceremoniously dumped from their catalogue in '01.

Then Ed drops by, grousing about the fact that he's still waiting for those kits.

And then Jairus has a belly laugh immediately afterward. And I'm just wondering if that's because he knows the same thing you apparently do.

You see, "to get to the other side" is supposed to be a funny reason for the chicken, because it's an anticlim -

eh, never mind.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

• 6 years later...

I will say here what I've said before on several forums and to my contacts at the model companies ib multiple occasions. A fully correct new tool of the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, in several stock variations (340, Hemi, Six Pack, HT or convertible), all with key equipment like the integral body color front bumper, 15x7 Mopar Rallye wheels with correct F-60-15 Goodyear Polyglas GT tires, and the "gill" rocker moldings, along with the historic Super Stock and Pro Stock variations of the time, remains by [by far the biggest untapped market opportunity in 1/25th scale kits these days.

Your crystal ball must be very clear.

Casey....fun....I'd long forgotten about that post.

As for the crystal ball being clear...well...sometimes yes, sometimes no.

BTW....yes I had made this '70 'cuda proposal to Revell, actually several times ...but at the time I wrote this post, it was not really under serious consideration from what I was able to tell. That had to wait for at least another 2 to 3 years.....during that period, others were proposing the same idea, as well. TIM

Edited by tim boyd

As for the crystal ball being clear...well...sometimes yes, sometimes no.

BTW....yes I had made this '70 'cuda proposal to Revell, actually several times ...but at the time I wrote this post, it was not really under serious consideration from what I was able to tell. That had to wait for at least another 2 to 3 years.....during that period, others were proposing the same idea, as well. TIM

When I propose an Idea to my Bosses, I usually have to make it sound like it was their Idea All Along.

Edited by my80malibu

I stumbled upon it searching for something else, but the posts and predictions were very interesting, so worthy of a bump.

It seems there was some healthy speculation about a '57 Buick and/or Olds kit from AMT, but it must've been right before Round2 was created/started? It's a shame we haven't seen anything from Round2 like the mentioned '71 Dodge Charger R/T kit, as that was a very good period for AMT. :(