Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cafe de Paris & 2CV - 1/24 - Handmade

safak

Excellent work, Safak. But I think there is one more thing you could do to put this model over the top - add people. Someone sitting at the table talking to another person, who either sitting in or leaning on the car. Dioramas should tell a story, and people in the scene really help that. With the skills you've shown in building this, I'm sure you would do a great job on a couple of figures.

Safak.... I do agree with Mike, and the point that he is making about adding figures to the diorama scene, but the risk is that if your figures do not look as real as possible then your diorama will lose some reality. Having said that, I also agree with Mike that you could make some very convincing figures, because you have shown what you can do with the car and the café building. In my experience, the best figures out there are from Shapeways, and although the 3D printed material can be difficult to work with, these figures do paint up nicely if you are careful.

David

2 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Excellent work, Safak. But I think there is one more thing you could do to put this model over the top - add people. Someone sitting at the table talking to another person, who either sitting in or leaning on the car. Dioramas should tell a story, and people in the scene really help that. With the skills you've shown in building this, I'm sure you would do a great job on a couple of figures.

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Safak.... I do agree with Mike, and the point that he is making about adding figures to the diorama scene, but the risk is that if your figures do not look as real as possible then your diorama will lose some reality. Having said that, I also agree with Mike that you could make some very convincing figures, because you have shown what you can do with the car and the café building. In my experience, the best figures out there are from Shapeways, and although the 3D printed material can be difficult to work with, these figures do paint up nicely if you are careful.

David

Hi Mike, hi David ✌

I love the figures in the dioramas, the work shows top quality.  but very expensive figures in turkey and I do not have my money ?

On 9/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, peekay said:

That is beautiful!

On 9/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, Eric Macleod said:

Splendid display.  I  liked the car quite a lot, but like it in the diorama even better!

16 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

Absolutely lovely setting for a great build. Nice to see the accuracy extends to typical French parking as well...

best,

M.

Thanks friends

11 hours ago, safak said:

Hi Mike, hi David ✌

I love the figures in the dioramas, the work shows top quality.  but very expensive figures in turkey and I do not have my money ?

Master Box make quite a few reasonably priced 1/24 figures in plastic. Here is a list of them for sale (with prices in Pounds) at Hannats in the UK:
https://tinyurl.com/masterbox124

And Master Box's own web site:
http://www.mbltd.info/figures/1-24-scale.html

But I do understand that our hobbies need to fit within our finances.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, Bugatti Fan said:

Perhaps figures added would enhance the diorama. but not all modellers find figure painting techniques easy. If you are good at it, great. But if not. best left alone lest the figures look doll like.

I agree with Noel...... to say that you should only think about adding figures if you are confident to make them look real..... when they come out ' doll like ' you run the risk of making the whole diorama look toy like, and all your good work gets messed up.

David

• 3 years later...