Model Cars Magazine Forum

Yet another garage....

tbill

Haha, ya, I thought this was going to be ‘in between’ work, but I’ve been absorbed by it this past week. I’ve finished the engine crane/engine/trans combo and ended up building one of the amt parts pack dirt bikes to have around the shop. Bike isn’t quite finished, but close. As usual, thanks for looking.

110DA374-B4DB-47B4-BE4C-7925652D24C4.jpeg

512331A0-9EEB-4B57-BB63-CBFF83EBE41D.jpeg

3EE04A3C-AEB1-4983-AB2B-5F78F8D0C295.jpeg

AD6C2554-98FB-43B9-A1A3-F832B5E537B9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Totally forgot about these wonderful garage dio's you make.... Wow!!!! I'm very impressed at this latest effort.... It's fantastic.... I've always wanted to do a garage like this one.... I really appreciate all the pics.... This garage is one of the most impressive I've ever seen, and it ain't even done, yet.... And I'm really diggin' that trailer.... Good Gravy, Man!!!!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, tbill said:

Thanks all.

Carl, I  appreciate that, thank you so much !

made a bit of progress this evening, we have walls glued into place finally....., should really make some progress this weekend ...

0A0C267F-72C0-4EB0-894F-EA0D17A9F529.jpeg

You must be real proud of this, Tom....... the whole diorama displayed on the shelf like that, just looks so good. You are now moving into what I always refer to as the ' Final Phase ' of the project, when everything seeks to come together as you want it. Good luck with progress over the weekend.

David

Yes, it does really transform the project. I wish I possessed your photography skills, because seeing it ‘live’ is a totally different experience. The pics of your diorama really bring yours to life, you capture the depth and feel of the whole piece. 

46 minutes ago, tbill said:

Yes, it does really transform the project. I wish I possessed your photography skills, because seeing it ‘live’ is a totally different experience. The pics of your diorama really bring yours to life, you capture the depth and feel of the whole piece. 

Well, Tom..... you would find that once you get your camera down to scale ground level, there are all sorts of possibilities for diorama photography. My KODAK M340 camera is only 3¾" x 2¼" x ¾" in size, so you can get into most places around your diorama setting. When you have a 1:24 scale diorama, the camera lens needs to be 2¾" above the baseboard, to be at the same height as the the eye level of a 1:24 scale man or woman. For this, I place the camera on three wooden blocks with a height of 1½" that gives me that height. When you have a 1:43 scale diorama, the camera can stand on the baseboard, which puts the camera lens at approximately the eye level for a 1:43 scale man or woman, which is 1¼".

David