Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 VW beetle (Vols content)

LL3 Model Worx

37 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thats how we all start, bud!....keep up the great work!!

Oh, I intend to do just that.

My Daytona project hit a pretty nasty snag, so it's been shelved until I can gather the mental fortitude to trudge on.

Bout to start work on a very very special build. Hoping to really nail this one.

18 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Oh, I intend to do just that.

My Daytona project hit a pretty nasty snag, so it's been shelved until I can gather the mental fortitude to trudge on.

Bout to start work on a very very special build. Hoping to really nail this one.

You will!!

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

Thanks for looking.

I can possibly make that happen. I'm not much of a photographer.

Any suggest?

Sure! Use a clean / neutral Background. Then it s easier to get the object sharp and Nothing else disturbes the object.

I handle i that way, that I don't take Pictures to close to the object. Because of the fact, that the near parts are sharp and the rear are Dizzy. I use the digital zoom for it.

The light is also important. If it's to dark, the Pictures come out Dizzy automatically. I use LED or neon light. Two are enough.

And: I'll check the Pictures first before I use them ;)

527521-18821-16.jpg

Edited by christian-w

5 hours ago, christian-w said:

Sure! Use a clean / neutral Background. Then it s easier to get the object sharp and Nothing else disturbes the object.

I handle i that way, that I don't take Pictures to close to the object. Because of the fact, that the near parts are sharp and the rear are Dizzy. I use the digital zoom for it.

The light is also important. If it's to dark, the Pictures come out Dizzy automatically. I use LED or neon light. Two are enough.

And: I'll check the Pictures first before I use them ;)

527521-18821-16.jpg

Thanks for the tips! I've also acquired a new camera now, so photo quality will be improved by default.

I'm currently making a small "photo box" with built in LED lighting.

Tour bug looks awsome btw! Really like that color combo.

1 hour ago, David G. said:

Excellent custom paintwork!

David G.

Thanks David, I'm glad you like it.

love the little bug the orange and white are naturals together, going send this to my brother who lives in Rocky Top and is an obsessed Vols fan, and doesn't understand my model obsession he's always trying to drag me to a game when were there but I'm not taking a day away from the woods, mountains or lake for that

be careful with your lighting and keep the light over you or in front of the subject and not behind the subject to avoid casting shadows

look and see if your camera has a setting for close up, it really helps on mine

On 2/5/2020 at 11:31 AM, 440 Dakota said:

love the little bug the orange and white are naturals together, going send this to my brother who lives in Rocky Top and is an obsessed Vols fan, and doesn't understand my model obsession he's always trying to drag me to a game when were there but I'm not taking a day away from the woods, mountains or lake for that

be careful with your lighting and keep the light over you or in front of the subject and not behind the subject to avoid casting shadows

look and see if your camera has a setting for close up, it really helps on mine

Thanks a bunch for kind words and the tips, I really hadn't given the light placement much thought. I'll try these suggestions.

And yea, there are some crazy fans around here...not me, but my wife is a nut about the white and orange.

Hope this helps your brother see the value in the work you (we) do also.

Nice one! Great looking build. 

I'm from the UK so the sport references are lost on me!

what glue did you use on the headlight lenses? They look fogged. Try white glue or a tiny smear of epoxy and the fumes won't bother the lenses.

or it might just be the light in the photo, in which case I apologise for the egg-sucking tip ?

3 hours ago, geetee66 said:

Nice one! Great looking build. 

I'm from the UK so the sport references are lost on me!

what glue did you use on the headlight lenses? They look fogged. Try white glue or a tiny smear of epoxy and the fumes won't bother the lenses.

or it might just be the light in the photo, in which case I apologise for the egg-sucking tip ?

The headlights were actually a mistake on my part... I tried to white wash them, and forgot to back them with foil... they turned out terrible haha!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 1:16 PM, LL3 Model Worx said:

Your bug looks awsome btw! Really like that color combo.

Thanks David, I'm glad you like it.

Thank you! It is the rebuild of my own Beetle. The Color is "Savannenbeige" L620 ;) I have to put it in the Showroom here someday :)

Edited by christian-w