Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

will they ever make these dodge trucks

First Pass answer, is No.

Not that Many Folks would not like to  see them, but I don't think any model company will see a market big enough for these trucks to justify spending the Money on tooling.  The Blue 1950s truck might have been done a resin or diecast many years ago, as it does look vaguely familiar. The latter Rams though, that's tough. Since it shares a cab with the '78 MPC kit, I'd suggest scratch building to get that truck. Lotsa work, but about all I can think of.  Good Luck!

I agree on lack of market, although the Rams could be made by rebodying the D100 kits and adding small blocks if they aren't already there, thats all Chrysler did at first.  I do wish somebody would make a 4.0l XJ Cherokee, I do think those would have more of a market than the above trucks.

There is a caster on eBay that does the '80's trucks...he posts here too occasionally. Robert Burns.

He had Ramcharger and Crew Cab kits. Designed by 3D and cast in resin, they look very nice. He had some listed a few weeks ago, you need to keep looking, he posts new auctions just every few weeks or months. They're a little pricy for just bodies and grille/ bumper parts, but they are nice quality. I would have pulled the trigger on a Ramcharger, but I got one of his '70 Polaras instead (it's on the way). I'll probably try to get one of those Ramchargers next.  

I did get one of his '71 Polaras - the quality is very good, and it looks very accurate. I'm very happy with it.