Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC spirit of 57

Hmann68

5 hours ago, David G. said:

Solid looking build, accurate looking stance, Nicely done!

David G.

55 minutes ago, afx said:

Very nice work.

7 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

2 hours ago, Codi said:

Well executed Christopher.  The paint and chrome really set her off.  Cheers, tim

Thank you very much guys!

• 1 month later...

I recall building this as box stock when I was around 16 years old.  My father had painted the body in red using automotive enamel with an old Binks airbrush... good memories!  The gold color you have chosen makes a big difference and it's very appealing.  Good idea to had removed the front bumper, it really give a more aggressive look.  Well done Christopher!!!

On 4/26/2020 at 9:33 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I recall building this as box stock when I was around 16 years old.  My father had painted the body in red using automotive enamel with an old Binks airbrush... good memories!  The gold color you have chosen makes a big difference and it's very appealing.  Good idea to had removed the front bumper, it really give a more aggressive look.  Well done Christopher!!!

On 4/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mike Williams said:

Excellent!  My opinion, gold on our models is a fantastic color.  Along with the other gleam, this just looks sensational, very well done.

Mike..

On 4/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, Matt T. said:

Awesome build! Too cool. 

On 4/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, Brutalform said:

Fantastic job on this 57 for sure. 

On 4/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, Deuces ll said:

Yeah, what they^^^^^all said.... ???

I gotta get me one of these.... ??

Thanks very much guys I appreciate the kind words! And yeah I almost went with dark red, glad I didn’t ?

10 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Thanks very much guys I appreciate the kind words! And yeah I almost went with dark red, glad I didn’t ?

I posted those pictures in the tri- five Gasser thread on the hamb.... Hope you don't mind..

The guys on there love it!... ??

Edited by Deuces ll

13 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

I posted those pictures in the tri- five Gasser thread on the hamb.... Hope you don't mind..

The guys on there love it!... ??

Don’t mind at all! Glad everyone likes it. Don’t wanna sound dumb but what site is it? 

22 hours ago, High octane said:

Great job on that '57 Chevy Flip Nosed gasser Chris. I had built that kit awhile ago and it was a fun build as I love those gassers!

Thanks Nick, always love seeing your stuff too! ?? yes you’re right, it was fun.