Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1972 Pontiac GTO

Rotorbolt73

1 hour ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

The kit has a wing?

Yeah it comes with one. The wing is for a 70 model though . I modified it to resemble a 72.

This kit is kinda a hodge podge mix. That's why it's difficult for some to build. Looks like it was a 70 then somewhat retooled as a 72 but mixed with the chassis and engine from the 67 kit..

Edited by Rotorbolt73

4 hours ago, Rotorbolt73 said:

Yeah it comes with one. The wing is for a 70 model though . I modified it to resemble a 72.

This kit is kinda a hodge podge mix. That's why it's difficult for some to build. Looks like it was a 70 then somewhat retooled as a 72 but mixed with the chassis and engine from the 67 kit..

Nice. Didn't think it had one, so I never picked up the kit.  It wasn't on the box, so when I saw it on yours it got me wondering.  May end up picking it up.

12 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Nice. Didn't think it had one, so I never picked up the kit.  It wasn't on the box, so when I saw it on yours it got me wondering.  May end up picking it up.

Not sure if the earlier releases had it. from what I gather , the tooling has been changed around and mixed up. I know the recent orange one does. 

Thanks for following along on the build and comments guys!  This kit really isn't all that bad and turns out real nice. Just takes some experience skill to tackle the problems . I've got 3 more of these and already have the final look of my next one planned out. 

3 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

I was thinking maybe you liked helicopters.

Lol..ohh that's wayyyy off man.lol..all these years and you're the only one that's ever asked about it. I thought somebody finally figured it out..

Ive only built one chopper ( military cobra I think)  and that was well over 30 years ago.

4 minutes ago, '70 Grande said:

I'm curious what paint you used for the interior cuz that is the color I'm looking for my in-progress '65 Riviera build! 

In my opinion your build turned a "sow's ear into a silk purse". Well done!

Thank you.

The color is Valspar 84230 Rugged..

I picked it up at Ollie's ..I think Lowe's might have it too.

IMG_20200322_101850037_HDR.jpg