Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Chevelle SS Street Machine "Day 2ish"

mademan

This started out as a box stock, factory stock build..... and well, I cant leave anything alone. I started with the Revell 68 Chevelle SS kit, painted with Scale Finishes GM Frost green, and accented with black. ..... that's where it took a turn, I added some Fireball Modelworks N50-15s,  ScenesUnlimited Deep and skinny Cragars, and some aluminum and 3d engine parts. The engine will be wired and plumbed and ill be adding Air shocks with hoses out back. Im going with a basic black interior, bare bones, with added gauges and tach, mabey some fuzzy dice. Ill probably run it hoodless, as I painted the hood before deciding on the tunnel ram and dual quads, and I'm out of that paint.

IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

IMG_3703.JPG

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

Edited by mademan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dragcarz said:

Grew up in this era, N50 x 15s and HiJacker air shocks. Love it!

As did I- saw many a GM product done up just like that on the street. 

Mike, your build is well on the way to looking like a great street/strip terror. That color looks good on there too. Excellent job so far.

Thanks guys! I thought I had some Fireball Modelworks carbs around here somewhere but cannot seem to find them, so I just placed an order tonight. In the mean time I am going ot wrap up the interior and wire the engine up.

• 1 year later...

Haven't touched this one long while. I decided  I will run the stock hood, and removed the tunnel ram and 2 -4s. going to go with an aluminum style intake and probably a quadrajet. wheels and tires are permanently secured and squared up. Interior is mostly complete. Hope to have some time to work on it a bit this week.

IMG_9949.JPG

IMG_9950.JPG

IMG_9951.JPG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mademan said:

Air shocks and spring spacers lol. On the first page there is a pic of my 1:1 70 Monte "flirtin'with disaster"

Looks great! Brings back memories too. My Buddy had a dark green ‘69 Beaumont with 3” spacers, air shocks and Keystone Klassics all around.

3 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Looks great! Brings back memories too. My Buddy had a dark green ‘69 Beaumont with 3” spacers, air shocks and Keystone Klassics all around.

I absolutely love the 70s street machine style.... I just dragged home a 73 Chevelle SS that is also going to get jacked up with N50s on 15x10s out back , nose down with some skinnys, probably cragars.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not much... but progress is progress.  After removing the Tunnel ram to clear the stock hood, I added an aluminum intake and Fireball Modelworks Quadrajet. I will be using the foam "triangle" mesh air cleaner from the Moebius gasser Nova which is still era correct for this build.

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG