Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 ElCamino (quick build)

Stuck in the house (like many of us) and was looking for a quick build, so I grabbed the AMT Gear Hustluster kit (body is not painted). I swapped out the wheels, carburetor and air cleaner and tried out my new Molotow pen (on some of the trim). While she aint no show winner it was just a fun build and reminds me of something I would have built 35+ years ago. Hope you all enjoy.
Front3Qtrr.jpg.7e031b33a53198319df62e18cce5f3d8.jpg
PassSide.jpg.4f76f622cf92bf78131431a4f4c9cf31.jpg

Edited by LouO

I like your mods. on this. I have the exact same kit and did much the same as you did here some time ago. I used some Mothers wax on the body and foil on the trim. Painted the six pack gold like Coors of old and the hard hat. The Camper Shell is a little clunky looking but that was the way they were. This one still makes a great looking shelf sitter.  

On 3/24/2020 at 9:40 PM, LouO said:

Stuck in the house (like many of us) and was looking for a quick build, so I grabbed the AMT Gear Hustluster kit (body is not painted).

Cool! ya had me fooled... I did this with an old Monogram mustang last month also molded in yellow... Quick, simple, and very rewarding... This looks like it was fun build. I built this kit years ago as part of a body shop diorama, complete with primer and taped up windows. This is a great kit to "experiment" with... simple yet effective... ? Lol