Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Baldwin Motion 70 1/2 Camaro

shoopdog

Finished this one up earlier this week. Bought the kit several years ago to rob the white hood stripe that I wasn't happy with on the first build of this car. Paint is IDK Metallic, it's actually a GM CTS color Tarnished Silver. Model was molded in green and unfortunately I only used one coat of white primer so it turned out a greenish hue that is kinda color shifting. It's different to say the least. I didn't use the Baldwin Motion side stripes as I think their rather hideous looking. Deleted the side pipes also. Thanks for looking and try not to look at the transmission seam!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The indoor pictures seem to show the green under color more than the outside pictures. The build its self looks very clean and the trim is well done also. Nicely detailed painting of the chassis and the engine. This is a great addition to your Camaro family.   

On April 17, 2020 at 8:57 PM, Geno said:

Sweet build Keith and a nice collection of Camaro's.?

Thanks Gene!

17 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

I think that bleed through actually looks FANTASTIC!!!...i'd do it again on purpose, lol!!

Thank you Dann! Hmmm, wonder what it would like over orange plastic?

11 hours ago, espo said:

The indoor pictures seem to show the green under color more than the outside pictures. The build its self looks very clean and the trim is well done also. Nicely detailed painting of the chassis and the engine. This is a great addition to your Camaro family.   

David, as always your comments are very much appreciated, thank you.