Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Torino Cobra and GT, 1976 Torino, and 1973 Cougar

heyjohnxx

Nice to see some more muscle Blue Oval cars.  The Torino kits have the best 429 engine (non Boss version) I have seen.  I also like when both side mirrors are included in a kit.  Many of the old AMT kits just do not have them.  Great job wit these John.

9 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Great looking group; I'd like to see each one in its own separate post with more up-close pics... they each deserve it!

Each has it's own thread in the WIP section. I took more pictures, but my camera seems to have eaten them. I'm just surprised noone has mentioned the Boss 429 in the Cobra.

1 hour ago, heyjohnxx said:

Each has it's own thread in the WIP section. I took more pictures, but my camera seems to have eaten them. I'm just surprised noone has mentioned the Boss 429 in the Cobra.

Doh.  I was assuming it was the engine from the kit and did not zoom in.  I have seen someone put the Boss 9 in a real Torino street machine and it looks like it belongs there more than Ford nd Kar Kraft jamming it into the Mustang.   I guess the stock looking non-ram air blue air cleaner fooled me unless you made the scoop functional like the Mustangs.