Model Cars Magazine Forum

'mod' cars from Chrysler

2 hours ago, espo said:

There were both 1:1 and the 1/25th plastic also. I never used the decals on a build but I think I still have the decal sheet somewhere. 

Oh man! I'd LOVE to get ahold of those decals. If anyone has any available or knows of an aftermarket source, please PM me!

Later-

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Just bought a set off of eBay but if anybody has another they would like to get rid of, please PM me.

Later-

I'll see if I can take a picture of the decal sheet and post it so if anyone else wants to use them they can. 

On 8/1/2020 at 10:03 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Geez. To think I lived through that era as a young adult and (thankfully) never knew those existed.  B)

Those weren't seen very often, as the dealers that got them out of the sales bank usually dyed the tops a solid color to move them off of the lot...

In the early 80's there was a 69 pale yellow Barracuda coupe with the yellow/white/black mod top and interior I would see every morning on my paper route near the campus of the University of Iowa. Was already fairly rusty, the seats were torn up and the top was pulling. I remember it as I was into Mopars as a young teen and I had never seen a mod top before. I think it was even a slant 6 as there were not engine call outs on the car anywhere and even 273 and 318 cars typically got a small "V" emblem.