Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lara Crofts Jeep Rubicon from Cradle of Life

Nice job on the Rubicon. Haven't seen the movie, I only saw the first one. But that's a good looking Jeep you built. I think I read somewhere that the Revell kit was based on the diecast for the movie, so that makes sense that it looks like the one from the movie. Welcome back to the hobby, keep on building.

Jeff 

20 minutes ago, Goose1957 said:

Nice job on the Rubicon. 

But that's a good looking Jeep you built. I think I read somewhere that the Revell kit was based on the diecast for the movie, so that makes sense that it looks like the one from the movie.

Welcome back to the hobby, keep on building.

Jeff 

Thanks.

That makes sense, that it's based off of a diecast. It's curbside, no engine. Has a nice undercarriage though. Forgot to get a pic of that. Actually comes with real coil springs to install, but hard to see with a black suspension and springs. They needed to be bigger in diameter, but I used them cause this was a quick build. I still need to paint the blue lights on the front skid plate and install some after market ones on the windshield frame. But, it's pretty much done.

1 hour ago, Jordan White said:

Looks good, always nice to see a clean build! The pictures are a tad blurry though, one trick is to take the picture from further away and just crop the picture down to what you want to show. ?

Thanks. Yeah, the pics look funny especially at the bottom of the frame for some reason. Thanks, I'll try it your way next time and see how it turns out. Always open for suggestions.