Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Circa 36: A customized blown & channeled 36 Ford 3W coupe

Claude Thibodeau

5 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Paul!

Candy urethnane in 5th grade? My God, that is very young... No surprise your finishes are as fantastic as they are.

It all makes sense now... almost unfair! (just kidding...)

CT

Lots of casualties along the way buddy!  Love to paint though, now have to finish some of these projects ?

1 hour ago, alan barton said:

Ahh, Claude, you've done it again!  First thing I noticed was how well you've blended the top onto the body - few modellers get that as neatly done as you have - me, I still haven't done one at all!  And the Chrysler grille - who knew?  The total package comes together way better than a list of components would suggest.  Congratulations!

Cheers

Alan

Hi Mate!

Well, thank you so much for the praise. You'll make me blush.

As they say: "Packaging is everything"... I hesitated between the Chrysler grille and a 35 Mercedes unit. The Merc was a smidge too tall, and squarish, which clashed with the rotund shape of the 36. Decisions, decisions... The joy of kitbash. 

CT

48 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Claude...now THAT is what I call a proper kitbash project.  Really, really well done.  Big congrats from this end....TIM  

Thank you Sir! 

Well, coming from the Master of Kitbash, it is a source of pride. 

USPS tracking suggest my copy of your latest book should be delivered in a few days. Can't wait to dig in it. I'm certain I'll see kits that I forgot existed, or worse yet, once graced the shelves of my room when I was 10. 

CT

9 hours ago, NitroMarty said:

Can't say specifically.... There is just something about it that works,

Hi Marty!

A channelled 30's car, if raked properly, looks somehow as if it was about to "leap", like a predator. Even more so if the rear wheel wells don't make the tires look lost in a hole. Many refer to that as the "Ohio look", championned by the late Barry Lobeck, a 1/1 hot rod builder of considerable fame.

That might be it...

CT

Another good expression of the strong storm that is raging in your head my friend!

You are an artist and your professional experiences are still well represented in this superb creation.

The most striking point is your skill in rendering your scale models with impeccably clean build.

How could I not love the Chrysler grille... nice touch!!!

47 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another good expression of the strong storm that is raging in your head my friend!

You are an artist and your professional experiences are still well represented in this superb creation.

The most striking point is your skill in rendering your scale models with impeccably clean build.

How could I not love the Chrysler grille... nice touch!!!

Thank you my friend!

I must say that upon choosing that grille, I wondered what you would think about it... Let me say: I knew it!

The Mopar powertrain and grille changes us from the ubiquitous Chevy engine in a Ford. Who's to complain? 

CT

3 hours ago, ozmodeler said:

Nice job, '36 Fords are difficult to get right without fenders ,but you've nailed it.

Hi Lou!

Thanks for the comments.

I think that if you seriously channel the body, with a slight forward slant, and create a smooth, more flat firewall... you already dispose of two major hiccups! 

CT

2 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Paul!

With the devastating news about the California fires, I hope you are not in harm's way? 

CT

Thank you CT, my family and I are clear of them being in the City here.  At one point we had 3 fires within 4 to 40 miles of us, day time was like evening for a few days with smoke being so bad.  I appreciate the concern my friend 20200910_133052.thumb.jpg.a93a35241d82fb635cbd964b3986d5a6.jpg

On 9/3/2020 at 6:06 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

Had a few copies of this kit, and went for a mash-up: Lindberg's 38 Ford framerails (modified), Foose F100 rolling stock, Revell's 41 Willys powertraint, 9" Ford rear. Scratchbuilt: front & rear suspensions, air shocks & compressor-tank in trunk, inverted rumble seat converted to standard lid, tubs, floor, firewall, interior, tunnel, injector linkage, brakes & hoses. Grille shell from MPC's 32 Chrysler. Custom mixed acrylic finish, with Testor's Wet Look clear. Fully polished. 

Hours of fun with styrene!

CT

DSC00566 (2).JPG

DSC00567 (2).JPG

DSC00571 (2).JPG

DSC00573 (2).JPG

DSC00576 (2).JPG

DSC00577 (2).JPG

DSC00574 (2).JPG

DSC00569 (2).JPG

Very Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!